• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Voyages of the "Blue Rosie" (Blue Rose AGE)

ajdynon

Registered User
Validated User
Arvini

Johan Darche

"Grrrrr! These people don't belong here! Not in this church! Not in my home!" Johan growls, staring daggers at the guards in front of the church while cracking his knuckles. "I say we just rush in and take em down fast! What do ya think Arvini?"
"Sounds good to me." Arvini says.

OOC: Would Arvini have had time to go and get her armor first?
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Johan Darche

"Harr harr! That's the spirit Arvini! Let's teach those 2 a lesson they won't forget! Then the rest of you lot can find a way in while we're having a polite chat with them." Johan grins to the others and recklessly storms towards the guards. "Oy! Move aside you bastards! We wanna pray to the Sea God!" With a wave of his hand Johan reaches out to his arcana and sends a wave of force at the guards trying to pin them against the wall.

OOC: Using Move Object to try and grab one of the guards.

Int/Shape attack roll: 3d6+5 = 10
That generates 2 Stunt Points which I will spend on Powerful Channeling to raise the result to 12

Int/Shape vs Might: 3d6+5 = 14
That generates 5 Stunt Points which I will spend on Split Arcana to try and immobilize the second guard, and Powerful Channeling to raise the result to 15.
 

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
OOC: Combined post. Johan seems to be mostly busy with guards, but I assumed the other PCs will notice all of the other stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions or want clarifications or more details about anything as usual.

Location: Church of Gaelenir

Angus, Expert
Angus

"... you know, I'm beginning to think our two lads here are very gullible and I'm not sure how to tell them that," Angus whispered to the others. It was nice that they were trusting, but this was going a little far.

"We either need to distract the guards or take them down quick. I can reach out to Matias and Luonne, coordinate with those two. But someone is going to have to warn the cleric."
Angus and his fellow privateers (and Shadowpig) watched as Johan used his Arcana to try and pin the guards. Both guards were surprised at Johan’s yelling, but they got an even bigger shock as magic pushed their bodies and limbs roughly against the wall.

The more thinner guard was definitely pinned, his arms splayed out, his weapon arm (with some kind of spear) slammed hard against the wall. It would have been funny if the mission wasn’t so serious and urgent...

The second guard on Johan’s right was also pinned, but he managed to peel himself off of the wall. This guard was taller, more muscular and broad, so he seemed to have somewhat more strength than the thinner guard which explains his escape from Johan’s spell.

Both guards’ faces were angry, and the thinner one gritted his teeth as he struggled to move against Johan’s spell.

The bigger guard who just barely broke out of Johan’s spell staggered somewhat as his body tried to recover from the pressure of the Arcana. His eyes narrowed as he

Both guards seemed to have medium armor of that was mixture of green and blue colors, the colors of the acolytes’ and the priest’s robes. The guards have helmets though open-helmer where their faces were shown. Each guard had a spear, so Johan and Arvini should take care not to get too close.

At the moment, Johan was out of reach, but the second guard seemed to be snapping out of the spell and may start walking/running the dozen paces to get close to Johan. But he may close faster with that long spear...

In the meantime, Angus and the other privateers also noticed activity amongst the other folks. The acolytes scattered, and some cowered behind altars or the fountain while others ran into the various shrine buildings. A few managed to get into the entrance of the large Sea God’s church in time immediately right after Johan had pinned the guards.

The young cleric, Luna, dressed in white and red robes and wearing the crescent moon tiara had startled at Johan’s yelling and then stared at the strange situation with the guards. She stepped forward as if to help, but she hesitated, as if not sure how to react to Johan. She considered and then nodded to the rhy-mouse upon her shoulder, giving her a signal or perhaps psychically communicating with her.

The rhy-mouse with the star birthmark, Estrella, was still sitting upon Luna’s shoulder during the whole situation with Johan, but at Luna’s signal, jumped down onto the cobblestone ground and went around the side of the Sea God’s church.

Luonne and Matias were watching the scene as well, but they didn’t seem that scared, for they recognized Johan, a fellow shipmate. They were merely startled, but then Matias and Luonne shared mischievous smiles as they realized this was an opportunity to slip around the church.

“Come on, Matty!” Luonne grabbed Matias’ hand and they went behind the bench and nearby shrine to sneak towards the far side wall of the large church building. “Now’s our chance!”

The brother-sister pair were nearly there when they bumped into Estrella who was heading that way as well. Both looked confused, but Estrella must have seen what they were trying to do and she gestured to them with her tiny mouse paws for the two to follow her towards one of the shrines right next to the large building. With some reluctance they followed her. She tapped one of the floor tiles near a goddess statue of an altar three times and traced a symbol on it. Suddenly, one of the shrine’s alcove walls shifted and lowered down, revealing a small square passage opening that a person would have to crawl to get through.

Luonne and Matias looked back to make sure the guards were still preoccupied before crawling into the alcove’s secret hole. The wall shifted again and closed the hole behind them....

Angus was sure Pira has seen it too, for she was close enough to see Luonne and Matias go into the passageway from her angle as she moved within the brush that encircled the church buildings.

Luna the cleric seemed to be trying to communicate with Johan, asking him, “Whatever is the matter, dear sir? Must we roughhouse the guards and disturb the peace?” Her voice was calm and soft, as if trying to deal with a dangerous or scared animal.

Pira, Adept
"Guards in front of a church? Who has even heard of such a thing? Might as well be shouting that they are up to no good." Pira looked around. "Let's see if there is some small space myself or the crow might be able to squeeze through."
Pira managed to hear and see everything Angus was hearing and seeing, though she didn’t see what the rhy-mouse Estrella has done to activate the wall to move.

Her magic sight did catch that the wall and tiles were magic-activated. She sensed there must be a sort of magic code to get in. Must be a symbol of some sort. Perhaps the statue on the altar in front of the shrine building could give her a clue?

The slender androgynous statue dressed in a silky toga-like outfit was sitting on top of the altar. It was posed to sit on the edge of a crescent moon. Which god was this? Perhaps if Pira knew, this could give her some ideas of the password.

Spoiler: Show
Does Pira know anything about any of the gods? She could automatically know it to start guessing the password, or you can her guess with Lore roll if you’re not sure. Or perhaps she can ask Angus, etc.


Johan, Adept
Johan Darche

"Harr harr! That's the spirit Arvini! Let's teach those 2 a lesson they won't forget! Then the rest of you lot can find a way in while we're having a polite chat with them." Johan grins to the others and recklessly storms towards the guards. "Oy! Move aside you bastards! We wanna pray to the Sea God!" With a wave of his hand Johan reaches out to his arcana and sends a wave of force at the guards trying to pin them against the wall.

OOC: Using Move Object to try and grab one of the guards.

Int/Shape attack roll: 3d6+5 = 10
That generates 2 Stunt Points which I will spend on Powerful Channeling to raise the result to 12

Int/Shape vs Might: 3d6+5 = 14
That generates 5 Stunt Points which I will spend on Split Arcana to try and immobilize the second guard, and Powerful Channeling to raise the result to 15.
Spoiler: Show


Here’s the Might resistance against Johan of both guards, just in case:

Guard 1 (slightly skinnier guard): 9
Might against Johan’s Move spell: 3d6+4 9
That one failed, lol. He’s pinned at this moment.

Guard 2 (more tougher, muscular guard, similar to Johan’s stats but for warrior stuffs):

Might against Johan’s Move spell: 3d6+5 21
This one was mostly successful in resisting and was not pinned for long.


Johan concentrated his Arcana as he kept pushing th magical force against the guards. While he managed to get both guards pushed back and pinned, the taller, more muscular guard had enough muscle strength and stubbornness to peel himself from the wall and push back against Johan’s spell.

Both guards wore light armor of green and blue, like the Sea God worshippers/acolytes who were now scattering throughout the courtyard, and few had slipped into the front door before Johan could do anything.

The guards held spears, so Johan had to be careful of his distance from them.

Johan was only vaguely aware of Luonne and Matias wandering off to sneak behind a shrine on his right side.

The muscular taller guard who resisted was recovering from Johan’s spell, so he staggered and nearly lost his balance for a moment. The guard glared at Johan and held his spear ready. Luckily, Johan was several feet out of reach of the spear. He and the guard were about a dozen or twenty feet apart, Johan guessed.

He then heard a soft concerned voice calling out to him. It was Luna, the young cleric with the crescent moon tiara. “Whatever is the matter, dear sir? Must we roughhouse the guards and disturb the peace?” She held out her hands in the air for peace as she approached behind Johan.

Johan then heard her soft psychic call, <<Estrella told me some privateers might be visiting us for the missing children’s case. Are you the ones we were expecting? Please, how can I help?>>
 
Last edited:

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pira looked towards the statue and the wall. She was not really versed in religion. Trying to identify gods and their symbols was beyond her for the most part. She dashed out from where she had been concealed and looked for some other way in.
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Angus

With the guards distracted, he would be turning down a prime opportunity if he didn't follow after the three who went down the secret passageway. Swiftly flying down to the same tile, he tapped it three times before attempting to recreate the same symbol.

<<If this works Pira, follow behind me.>>
 

Darad Zhall

Half-Boiled Hero
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Johan Darche

When Yuna psychically calls out to Johan he simply nods his head at her request and gives her a subtle wink as if to say 'follow my lead' before returning his attention to the guards. "Yeah, we must! These bastards don't belong here! Never seen them before an' I don't like their faces!" Johan growls, giving his voice a faint slur as if he's drunk. "Why's there even guards at the Church of the Sea God!? I don't trust them!" Johan glares at the guard with the spear and points at his friend pinned to the wall. "C'mon! You want me to leave? Then MAKE me leave! There's still plenty of space for you on that wall!"

OOC: Making an Intimidate Roll
Strength+Intimidate: 3d6+5 = 19
That generates 6 stunt points. I'm going to go with Enrage. See if we can get a brawl going and maybe draw out some other guards inside or something.
 

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
OOC: This is “part 1” of my post, which deals with Pira and Angus’ portion. Will do Johan’s and Arvini’s this weekend. Sorry for the delay!

Location: Church of Gaelenir

Angus, Expert

Angus

With the guards distracted, he would be turning down a prime opportunity if he didn't follow after the three who went down the secret passageway. Swiftly flying down to the same tile, he tapped it three times before attempting to recreate the same symbol.

<<If this works Pira, follow behind me.>>
Angus returned to concentrating on duplicating the symbols onto the tile, applying a light touch to the tile with his beak and feet claws. His nightvision combined with his arcane Second sight allowed him to see the magic tendrils reacting to his movements, flowing through the ground from the alcove towards the tile the rhy-crow was working on.

He was so focused intently on the drawing attempts that it took him a few quick moment to realize what the symbols were: Sea Folk and Aldin symbols that translated into a well-known (amongst travelers) night prayer of assistance to the Moon God Selene.

Angus has seen different prayers amongst the islanders and some of the Blue Rosie crew (particularly those from more Aldin port areas), and managed to remember the rest of this particular prayer correctly.

With a few quick flourishes and another swipe of his beak, he finished the entire prayer.

Alongside being the god of the moon, Selene was also the god of winter, death, and secrets. People ask him/her (Selene) for guidance, or for her mercy during harsh winters.

It was a good thing some of his Aldin shipmates were somewhat religious.

Angus sensed something magical happening with the tiles and he heard a few soft clicks from below before the alcove wall slid down to reveal the secret compartment.

He heard Pira approaching to follow him as he flew into the small alcove, heading into the knee-high passageway. Angus had no problem getting into the passageway, but Pira would need to get on her knees to crawl into the hole and follow him...
Pira, Adept

She ahd no idea what Angus was trying to do, but she would follow if whatever it was did work.
Pira saw that Angus was getting the hang of the symbols, and her arcane witch sight could see the magic tendrils that started trailing from Angus’ symbol “writing” towards the leylines connecting to the contraption behind the alcove. There were some clicking sounds as the mechanisms started shifting, and then a faint shoosh as the alcove way started moving down to reveal the secret compartment.

The square hole was smaller than a man standing up, but Pira was able to hunch down and crawl into the small space...

Location: Inside secret passageway; below the Sea God’s church
(Combined)Pira, Adept, and Angus, Expert

Inside, the passageway started out as some rough wood before transitioning into a very rough makeshift tunnel of rock and sand that seemed to have been formed magically, from what both Pira and Angus could sense and see with their own arcane visions.

It was something that was done in a rush, for the walls were somewhat unstable in a few points and some parts of the tunnel were even crumbling. It stabilized somewhat as the two privateers got closer to where they thought the large church building would begin. The hint that it led out to a few small compartment enterance “doors”—entryways made by cutting pieces of the existing church walls to form doorways.

This must be how the cleric/Aldin spy rhy-mouse, Estrella, got around and found the cult’s hideaway...

The tunnel was somewhat dark, but there were some light pouring through the small pores of the rough tunnel coming from the church’s magical fire torches indoors.

As Pira and Angus got to a cross-tunnel fork, they saw a few familiar folk: Luonne and Matias were sitting, hunched over beside one of the “doors”, listening to the rhy-mouse Estrella about something.

Matias’ golden eyes lit up as Angus and Pira came closer. He was excited, but he tried to keep his voice volume down. “Heyy! You breakin’ for a shipmate as well? Let’s bust this place together!”
Luonne gestured at Estrella. “This nice rhy-mouse cleric and her lady partner made these here tunnels to travel through the church for emergencies or whatever, and they’re tryin’ to spy on some mighty suspicious stuffs goin’ on in this here church. She’s thinkin’ she’s got a lead here to where some kids are bein’ held...”

Estrella nodded, her tiny claws already working on creating symbols onto the floor of the tunnel to activate the mechanisms of opening one of the “doors”. <<Yes, I believe I saw a handful of children come through here, but we’ll have to travel around and be careful of the guards. I’ve studied the patrols these past few nights and this might be the best time.” Her small pink eyes sparkled with mischief. “Of course, it also helped that your shipmate out there has distracted some of the guards as well...>>
There were very faint clicks, and the “door” within the way was opened slowly.
Estrella led them through the doorway onto some sort of steady wooden platform or plank floating near the ceiling of a big room. As Angus and Pira got further along the “plank”/“platform”, they noticed that they were actually traveling on top of some very thick and tall bookshelves.

Estrella said as they carefully continued to travel the bookshelves, <<I made a tunnel that leads to the library study and school part of the church. We can see the guards patrol from way up here along these really tall bookcases. Convenient, huh? And the guards never look at the books much, and it’s darker up here, so we should be safe from detection if we’re careful and quiet... >>

Pira and Angus could see the moving bodies of the scattered guard patrols below. The guards were the armored folks below, obviously, and most of the armors were shades of green and blue like the Sea Good acolytes, but there were a few that had some more darker shades within the deeper parts of the church as our heroes traveled along the various pathways above.

There were some shouts outside the library/study doors, and some of the guards went out to investigate. It sounded as if some of the guards indoors were heading outdoors—to investigate some Adept’s outburst outside, based on overhearing some of the guards’ brief conversations. Some of the guards were being distracted by Johan’s angry display, which was a good thing for our privateer heroes. Less guards to deal with...

Estrella led them across the bookcases, past the study, into another tunnel, entering another “door” and past the main prayer room, heading down into another “door” to a tunnel heading more downward from the church. Going deeper and deeper down...
They came across a doorway that opened up to a large wooden room within an underground cavern. The place was lit by fire torches on sconces lined up along the wall, and room opened up to the cavern where there seemed to be water everywhere. It was like an underground cove, Angus thought.
They hid behind a bunch of barrels and wooden crates as they watched the scene. There were various supplies and smuggled goods within crates or sacks scattered about. If they were careful and quiet, they could perhaps find some stuff they could from the crates or sacks...

There was the docks! Angus’ night vision could see the sails of the ships clearly from his position. There were two ships at the moment, and Angus got some deja vu seeing some (what he assumed were) pirates forcing some hand tied and gagged weeping children up the ramp that led to one of the ships.
<<This is where they smuggle some of the children,>> Estrella said softly, her voice giving way to sadness. <<But Aaron and that teen boy are not here. They’re drugged to sleep and are being held in a different place by some sorcerous cultists and smuggled separately. They’re selling Adept kids in a different batch...>> She gestured at another “door” above a wooden staircase nearby. <<Follow me.>>
It was a very short trip within that tunnel near staircase for the Adepts were held up pretty close by. The tunnel led to them traveling along the tops of the prison cells lining up the walls, where children of various ages were being held. Many of them seemed to be sleepy and drugged, and some were sleeping on some small beds or sleeping on thin blankets on the floor.

Our heroes saw Climaco sleeping deeply in one of the cells, and Luonne had to hold her upset brother back from jumping down to rescue him. She pointed down at the patrolling guards below. “Are you daft?!” She hissed. “We need to get around those guys first.”

Estrella gestured at a set of large barred double doors at the entrance of the Adepts’ prison room. <<Even if we can free the Adepts, we’ll have to deal with that. That double door is heavy and barred. I would need some time to try and break that. Or perhaps one of you could help me with that? Or would you rather we split up and try to stop the ships?>>

Within the prison area, there were three guards on at least this side of the area, from what Angus and Pira could see. Within the cave with the docks, there were several people to deal with, so it might be somewhat trickier to deal with, but they could try figuring out how to deal with that situation as well.

OOC: Okay, this is “part 1” of my post, the part with Angus and Pira only.
“Part 2” will be my response for Arvini’s and Johan’s portion of the post. Will finish it this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
 

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pira looked around the area, getting a feel for it. Voice low she said, "We need to stop the ships before they sail out of here. But that is going to be loud, I think. It might be easier with some more aid." She looked down at the prison. "If we can get it."
 

talam

Smile, smile!
Validated User
Angus

"I agree with Pira: if we don't stop those ships," Angus whispered to the others, "then they might leave with those children once trouble starts here. We definitely need some aid."

He looked at the other three, "I can fly back to the Blue Rosie quickly, maybe even get some of the Navy roused. We can try to at least blockade the ships from leaving. In the mean time, it might be up to you three to free who you can, as quietly as you can."

"I just hope Johan and Arvini can draw more people to them in the process. Does that sound like a plan to you?"
 
Top Bottom