• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[War Thunder] The Mighty Wart Hunter

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
Just started playing this and I must admit that even though it is buggier than a Bethesda product it is a lot of fun.

I especially like how there are no hit points; the vehicles are made up of crew and components and you attack those.

Sigrid Hex

Social Justice Valkyrie
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just started playing this and I must admit that even though it is buggier than a Bethesda product it is a lot of fun.

I especially like how there are no hit points; the vehicles are made up of crew and components and you attack those.
War Thunder is "buggier than a Bethesda product"? o_O

Caseyg

Validated User

Yeah, accurate damage modeling is an often neglected feature in video games. Is could write several paragraphs about the topic, but I'll just offer up a link here instead.

Kobold_Warlord

Validated User
Buggier than a Bethesda product? I found it very solid. A very decent World of Tanks style plane shooter, which I have put many hours into. In arcade mode. :)

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
Ahh, I'm only playing tanks so far. I note that the aircraft do work better (but not good when piloted by tankers :) )

Mikko Kauppinen

Validated User
According to Steam, I've put 147 hours into it. :O Although that counts patching time and any time the launcher is running. Anyway, I don't think I'll go back to The Other Similar Game - the hit location system is so much nicer. And there aren't so many crazy prototypes that never flew/rolled in real life, or upgrades way beyond what the platform could mount in real life.

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
Yup, I've just found how nicer the air combat is for my old dated machine, the lag is minimal.

Also the 'I don't care because I have a big hit point pool' thing doesn't happen in Wart Hunter.

Can you go back to your tier one tanks and play in tier one battles once you've past them?

Sark

Validated User
Yup, I've just found how nicer the air combat is for my old dated machine, the lag is minimal.

Also the 'I don't care because I have a big hit point pool' thing doesn't happen in Wart Hunter.

Can you go back to your tier one tanks and play in tier one battles once you've past them?
You can, but you'll need to take your crews out of any Battle Rating 2+ machines you have in the garage (WT matches based on the highest BR of any crewed vehicle available, not research rank).

Last edited:

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
Very cool! Thanks for the info.

I've noted that many of the more complex manoeuvres don't work in aviation combat in arcade mode, as you can just grimly follow the enemy.

I'd like everyone to know my Me 110 is awesome

Top Bottom