• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[War Thunder] The Mighty Wart Hunter

DieselRay

Validated User
I got the Challenger when it was first released, but haven't really played since as my attention was taken up by other things. How is everybody enjoying the game now?

I got my jagdpanzer (t) (what everyone used to call a 'Hetzer') through a whole game in 'Berlin' without having it blown to pieces! This is a first! Only got 2 kills but I can't believe it survived

I wonder War Thunder doesn't have the German ambush camouflage as an option?
Well done! I love the Jagdpanzer (t) for it being the little tank with big dreams, and its slowness is especially hard to use in the city maps.

DieselRay

Validated User
Another thing; German WW2 tanks had far better optics than their adversaries. I wonder if that's reflected in the game . . .
There is a difference the max zoom the optics of different tanks give, but I can't say how much difference there is in the lower tier tanks. It can be very noticeable in the higher tiers.

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
Popped back in for a little last night and reminded myself how awful BR 1.0 French tank weapons are.

Seriously abysmal excuses for weapons on mediocre excuses for vehicles.

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
Popped back in for a little last night and reminded myself how awful BR 1.0 French tank weapons are.

Seriously abysmal excuses for weapons on mediocre excuses for vehicles.
I absolutely love BR 2.0 and BR 2.3 French tanks. Over at the War Thunder Forums people are asking to get the ARL V39 to supplement the Sau 40. The ARL has a high pressure 75mm gun and 50mm armour

Ulzgoroth

Mad Scientist
Validated User
I absolutely love BR 2.0 and BR 2.3 French tanks. Over at the War Thunder Forums people are asking to get the ARL V39 to supplement the Sau 40. The ARL has a high pressure 75mm gun and 50mm armour
I've got unlocking to do before I can get there, when my playing last trailed off I hadn't unlocked anything in that tree above 1.0...

Killer300

Validated User
How are people finding the game now?

Last I played it seemed to be in a rough spot but getting better, from what I remember, but, it has been awhile.

ChalkLine

Rogue Conformist
Validated User
I'm enjoying it. The usual whining about 'x bias' goes on. There's a British, French and Japanese tree for Ground Battles now. You can buy little shrubs to put on your tank which looks odd (I mentioned on the forum that you shouldn't be able to move with them)

Top Bottom