• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Warframe Discussion Thread #5: We All Lift Together

Sundancer

Validated User
Itzal is absolutely worth the investment.
If you need Oxium, Io on Jupiter is decent spot to farm it, especially if you bring an AoE frame like Banshee, or Volt.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
One also gets decent amounts of Oxium from routinely opening lockers. And of course from routinely prioritising Oxium Ospreys as targets.

Also, re: Europa. It might be obvious, but Hek is -20% vs shields, being Puncture. Now Hek does a lot of damage, but between that and, *perhaps*, engaging from a little too far, it might explain the issue. By contrast an Impact-heavy weapon like the Sobek is +50% vs. shields, so the difference in effectiveness is quite clear.

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
Argh, I totally missed that the Exploiter Orb went live today. Well, at least by waiting a day we'll actually have learned how to beat it first.
It's actually a great fight (if a tiny bit glitchy, sounds like, tho my 2 runs had no real issues).

You get a CRAPLOAD of rewards for Fortuna rep and crafting too.

Seroster

The Moses of Funk
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm almost done with Uranus - I've done the missions with only melee and I just have to do one kill of Tyl Regor and I can move on :)

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Last night was Top Chef and Discovery night, so playtime was limited. I just did the sortie and finished up the Lua challenges for Nightwave. Crossfire Exterminate seems to be the way to go.

Last edited:

Sixten

Japanese Vampire Hunter
Validated User
Itzal is absolutely worth the investment.
I’ll keep that in mind when I get access to clan labs. Looks like I do have about 1200 accumulated (but I know that there’s also a bunch of stuff that needs it).

Also, re: Europa. It might be obvious, but Hek is -20% vs shields, being Puncture.
I’m embarrassed to say that it never occurred to me. Damage types are something I don’t really feel like I have a super strong handle on. I’ll definitely try some other stuff.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
Ugh, one of the Lua Spy puzzles is awful. The jump-latching one.

As per chat advice, I guess I'll get Ivara before I farm Lua Spy. Plus, Spy missions seem to be the best way to level the Mote Amp, so I can take down the Stalker when I'm on a low-level warframe and/or levelling weapons and/or on too vulnerable a warframe.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
The wiki has a handy table for the damage types and their effectiveness against the various factions:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#All
One subtlety being that for your faction-specific elemental suites (if any), you usually want to be loaded for heavy units. Those are the ones who are more likely kill you, and they often have different kinds of protections and health than the lighter units.

And with level 25+ Grineer heavy units, armour-stripping via corrosive procs starts being worthwhile.

Top Bottom