• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Warframe Discussion Thread #5: We All Lift Together

Law Orc

Concerned Citizen
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ugh, one of the Lua Spy puzzles is awful. The jump-latching one.

As per chat advice, I guess I'll get Ivara before I farm Lua Spy. Plus, Spy missions seem to be the best way to level the Mote Amp, so I can take down the Stalker when I'm on a low-level warframe and/or levelling weapons and/or on too vulnerable a warframe.
Lua spy is garbage. It's a pain to do and takes far too long.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's a no-latching-required route through that vault, in the broken era (though you need to go to the fixed era briefly to open the first door, natch)
You need to watch out for the sentry violin dudes, but basically if you follow the outer wall all the way around, there's a break in the back wall of the room with the pillar with the lasers. go through that, and there's a gap into the control panel room behind the big rock covered in lightning (note: the lightning rock is not to be touched).

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
I'll try that, thanks.

Say, another question - about the Cunning Test. Apparently, it's obvious to everyone but me...
- So, you just hide behind pillars, take peeks to lure the thingie into shooting the pillar, and that's it ?
- How do you know when a pillar has been destroyed ?
- How do you keep track of which pillars remain ?
- Who's on first base ?

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I did this one twice last night, and found a better way than usual to boot.

Right, the main thing is that it needs to be on the outside, which it will do itself at some point. The intended method is you stand on the little pop-up cover things (so you're directly between the eye-gun-thing and the broken part of the pillar with the tree inside it), and jump right when it shoots so the shot hits the tree. If it works the eye jumps to the center, spits death-clouds all over the place then starts sucking you in (I generally just stay behind a pillar till it stops).

You know a pillar is "destroyed" when the blue forcefield around it goes away.

The trick involves spoiler mode.
Spoiler: Show
Now, spoiler mode doesn't make you immune to the projectile, so it's not that simple, however spoiler form is much smaller than a warframe. In spoiler mode you can stand on the golden rim of the pillar. If you stand a bit to the side rather than directly in front of the pillar, the eye's massive projectile will still hit the pillar even if you fail to dodge

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
I can now confirm that the Collaboration Orokin Test on Lua is still doable with a warframe, the spoiler form, a specter and Clem.

Positioning the specters on the final platforms isn't just a pain in the arse. Sometimes, they *also* fall off the structure.

Top Bottom