• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Warframe Discussion Thread #5: We All Lift Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
Current batch of nightwave challenges has some that could be annnoying.
Nightwave in general is proving pretty silly, IME. Very low spawn rate for the Wolf means I haven't seen him, most of my play time went to the Event which meant no progression on Challenges, and the ones they select are often not ones that fall in line with my priorities. Whereas before the change to Nightwave I could pick and choose and do an hour per week, tops, on alerts for the stuff I wanted the current system has a much heavier investment to get to the stuff I do want. Hopefully they will look at the rate of standing grind for Season 2 and realise that a gain of 5 Umbral Forma per year, tops, and how little much of the playerbase progressed means they need to increase the amount of standing earned for taking part to a more sustainable level.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
I have mostly just tried to do the stuff that fits my priorities and skip the rest. As a result I'm only at 6 right now, but...

Korhal_IV

Validated User
Hopefully they will look at the rate of standing grind for Season 2 and realise that a gain of 5 Umbral Forma per year,
They're doing with Forma what they did with Focus Lenses - dangle one and only one at the beginning to entice the playerbase into new activities, then make it freely available in multiple ways.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
I have mostly just tried to do the stuff that fits my priorities and skip the rest. As a result I'm only at 6 right now, but...
That's the killer, though. We're almost half-way through the season.

For something that was intended to replace the alert system, it's doing a remarkably poor job. I think DE's gotten a little too fond of faction rep grinding, and it's hurting the game. There is no reason that non-endgame activities should chew up so much of your time.

They're doing with Forma what they did with Focus Lenses - dangle one and only one at the beginning to entice the playerbase into new activities, then make it freely available in multiple ways.
That only happened much, much later- for a long time, Lenses could only be acquired via Sorties or Platinum, and I can remember times when market value for a basic lens was higher than just buying one from the store (wat). Going by that track record, it could easily be years before they revisit the model. Consider, for example, Legendary Fusion Cores, which is what Umbral Forma presently approximates. Those are attainable only via trade or ludicrously unlikely Sortie drops. In an ideal world, Umbral Forma would have been available from the store at about 100 a pop from the day it was added to Nightwave, but I don't think DE will budge on that any time soon.

I think that the Nightwave Seasons will also be taking the place of Events and Tactical Alerts in the long term- just put the weapon at the end of the long grind and call it a day.

Victim

Validated User
The value of doing alerts for the stuff you want depends a lot on whether or not someone is online when the higher priority alerts popped up IMO. Nightwave is almost certainly more overall mission to get its rewards, but it's also predictable progress, as opposed to missing a reactor alert that lasts an hour or pulling rare rewards from sorties.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
I see that in theory, but in practice the time investment is way out of whack with the rewards.

The Wolf's spawn rate also doesn't help.

NeoVid

Nerd Rage Never Fades
Validated User
A group of us did the silver grove last night. I still have some apothics left over, and will probably farm another twilight apothic, and do another run on Friday. (I'm looking for Growing Power.)
Considering how profitable our clan Apothic runs have always been, this will be a great excuse to run another.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wow, just soloed the Wolf with four Dragon Keys on.

My Valkyr isn't endgame or anything, but she now has Blood Rush, and her faithful kavat Muffin is boosting her crits. It was just a barrage of red crits. Angry red crits.
Congrats! I've only run into him once and I had entirely the wrong tools for the job. Valk's a solid all-purpose frame, to be honest.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
I saw Wolf for the first time yesterday, did not have my best gear, nor did the other player running that mission, and eventually he got bored of being alive and left.

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
I saw Wolf for the first time yesterday, did not have my best gear, nor did the other player running that mission, and eventually he got bored of being alive and left.
That happened to me too the one and only time I've seen him. All 4 squaddies wailed on him until he got tired of it and left. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom