• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Warframe Discussion Thread #5: We All Lift Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
The only time I've seen him, he dropped in on me while I was soloing a spy mission with Ivara.

So I spent, like, five minutes standing there headshotting him with a silenced 100% crit rifle through his patently ridiculous armor until he got bored and left. I got a Tempo Royale out of it, though.

Victim

Validated User
I see that in theory, but in practice the time investment is way out of whack with the rewards.

The Wolf's spawn rate also doesn't help.
Well, it's not like the Nightwave removes the normal mission rewards. I mean, getting all caches on sabotage missions 3 times is pretty annoying - but those caches also have the chance to drop rare mods. I don't have Maul - getting it is not a huge priority, but at the same time running the sabotage mission gives a chance to trigger its feeble drop chance. Do apothic runs - we just had people mention how profitable those can be. Do a Sortie? Kind of annoying since I'm full on Rivens, and sorties most commonly provide riven stuff I don't care about much, but many players do those regularly anyway. Kill 100 Eximus guys? There are tons of eximus guys in ESO which is good for focus.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The thing about Nightwave that is cool is that if I want to please Nora, I have to break out of my rut and do stuff I haven't been normally doing.

If there's a dude who just never fished much, he's got an incentive to go fish with a buddy for ten minutes or whatever and see how it works.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The value of doing alerts for the stuff you want depends a lot on whether or not someone is online when the higher priority alerts popped up IMO. Nightwave is almost certainly more overall mission to get its rewards, but it's also predictable progress, as opposed to missing a reactor alert that lasts an hour or pulling rare rewards from sorties.
That's still happening, though, with invasions. I know that I've missed at least one invasion that dropped a reactor since Nightwave started. There's also the matter of purchasable items, such as aura mods and nitain extract. They came out regularly, and were fairly regularly available to people who weren't that far along. Now you have to choose which to get. (Ditto helmets. Should I get a helmet, or a reactor? I'm going for the reactor every time, until all my frames (and pets) have one.)
Another nice aspect of the alerts is that they were all over the map. If I saw a low level alert, I'd stand a good chance of kitting out a low level frame with low level weapons before hitting the alert. Now, I just give them a flamethrower, send them off to void defense, and have them come home when they hit level 30. (Now that I've hit MR 16, I'll probably spend time with frames/weapons that I've neglected, learning to use them better.)
If Nightwave continues, I'd like to see a change in rewards, with the option of a helmet, or Vaubon piece, or nitain, rather than yet another stencil that I'll never use for my Warframe.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
The thing about Nightwave that is cool is that if I want to please Nora, I have to break out of my rut and do stuff I haven't been normally doing.

If there's a dude who just never fished much, he's got an incentive to go fish with a buddy for ten minutes or whatever and see how it works.
I went fishing for like 15 minutes and got to find out that the rare fish we were fishing didn't count for the event. YEAH!

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
The system is outstanding, just the individual challenges and arguably the order of the reward track needs tweaking.

This is literally the first attempt, so I'm not the least bit concerned by the details that aren't working.

not a pumpkin

Validated User
I'm interested in what new players will think of the nightwave credits system as we keep going.

As somebody with most of the helmets and a bunch of spare nitain/catalysts it's pretty cool to save up for reactors instead of having to watch for alerts, and uh, that's about it I guess, I can buy mods to sell for plat?

But for a new player who can't do most elite weeklies who then has to get all their nitain and vauban just from credits from grinding dailies and getting taxied I do wonder what the experience will be.

I have some people complain that whenever something comes up on the weeklies they an influx get newbies trying to join groups in recruit chat that aren't ready for the content and have no idea how to do it, (like people asking to join the Profit Taker fight who haven't maxed Solaris, so they literally can't do it) which sucks.

Sundancer

Validated User
I'd guess that new players will have trouble setting enough creds aside for catalysts and/or reactors, between needing most of the other stuff that's on offer, and maybe not having access to all the content that's required for the weekly or elite weekly challenges.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
I'd guess that new players will have trouble setting enough creds aside for catalysts and/or reactors, between needing most of the other stuff that's on offer, and maybe not having access to all the content that's required for the weekly or elite weekly challenges.
I doubt that most people with a full work/family schedule were able to consistently respond to high-yield Alerts anyway. Especially as they were spread over all time zones.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
For me, this is the frustrating bit. I'm currently grinding my Fortuna rep. This overlaps poorly with Nightwave objectives. This means I can either progress in the thing I want to progress in, or the time-limited thing. I actively dislike this because the Fortuna rep grind is already ridiculous, even before taking into account another faction to grind rep for.

Before, my missions were targeted. Granted, I could ignore most alerts since I have everything that can be gained from them, but the odd Catalyst was always welcome. But the mission was the thing I did, rather than killing five left-handed Manics, on a Wednesday, armed with only a sharpened stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom