Warframe Discussion Thread #5: We All Lift Together

Seroster

The Moses of Funk
Validated User
I don't even understand (as usual) why the grind has to be what it is. Like I said, I've only made it to 6, and I don't know if I'll make it to 12, which is the next point at which you earn credits. I have earned 100 so far... I impulse bought the Ash Locust helmet and I am not sure what else, except that I only have 45 credits now. So I cannot get a Reactor unless I reach 12.

I guess I should be glad that credits are given at 3 and 6 instead of 4 and 8, but when that's 100 credits and you need to spend 75 to get a reactor THAT REALLY ISN'T A LOT OF REACTORS.

Of this week's missions:
- I don't have the rep to get the right lures for the 6 rare goddamn fish
- I've still never run the Index, and that one seems hard from what people are saying, even if you DO know it
- I've never done a Sortie
- I don't think I can run Zones of Sanctuary Onslaught
- to be honest, I find doing scans for Simaris annoying
- I haven't been doing Nightmare missions but I suppose I could manage those
- TEN freaking syndicate missions? Really? Why not 3 or 5?
- I guess I can find those caches... ugh

Like, this is ANNOYING.

Last edited:

Seroster

The Moses of Funk
Validated User
P.S. I'm trying to save up to unlock the next reputation level with my main syndicate, so if anyone else needs credits, maybe we can run the Index? Only don't expect me to be helpful in getting that Nightwave thing :-/

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
I haven't tried the Index yet, but FWIW a T4 Dark Sector Survival mission will earn you North of 30K, most of the time. It's also a robust amount of Affinity.

This is for a 20 minutes solo run, so you can get a C rotation reward. I suspect that that credits-per-minute is better if chaining 5mn missions, but I haven't tried it.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The thing to remember about catalysts, slots and such: if you're using Nightwave to get those, you are almost certainly playing the game for free. It's more 'sensible' (if you have the cash) to buy those things with platinum, use the wolf creds for the mods you can't just buy in the market, or maybe the cosmetics. Again, that's if you're putting money into the game periodically.

The flipside is that while it's nice that DE are adding better ways to get those things without paying them money - they all have bills, y'know? They have staff to pay, servers to rent, bandwidth to cover.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I also need to fish, and have plenty of bait. I'd be happy to take someone along.

Also, under the old system, veterans would run nightmare missions, get auras, and occasionally give them to new players. I bet that'll happen now a lot less, since you have to buy them. (Speaking of which. I have a couple duplicates of most of the auras. I'm willing to donate if people need one. They're really useful, beyond just the aura.)

Last edited:

Sundancer

Validated User
Index generally has the best time/credits ratio in the game.
Matches will usually run between 3 and 7 minutes or so. Depending on your selected risk, you'll net 75k, 105k, or 200k credits for one round.

That said, credits (and trashy gold mods) are all you'll get out of Index runs. There are no other resources to pick up, etc.

Sundancer

Validated User
Also, under the old system, veterans would run nightmare missions, get auras, and occasionally give them to new players. I bet that'll happen now a lot less, since you have to buy them. (Speaking of which. I have a couple duplicates of most of the auras. I'm willing to donate if people need one. They're really useful, beyond just the aura.)
Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon list between 30 and 40 plat on warframe.market right now. I didn't check for all the auras, but that's a non-trivial amount of plat, certainly enough to make me reconsider giving them away.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
Corrosive projection was on during the first week, before many people could grab cred. If it shows up again in the cred offerings, prices will drop hard.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
Did a few Cetus bounties to get a small stock of soon-to-be-vaulted relics. I have both Ember Prime and Frost Prime active, but missed a few weapons bits.

I'm also trying not to think about Titania. I love playing her, but she requires a buttload of Efficiency, Strength *and* Duration. And then there's the forma on her Pixia. That's an unusually steep investment, and since we're prolly but year away from her Prime release...

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've basically never forma'd exalted weapons like the Pixia, since they're inheriting bonuses from equipped weapons it seems excessive.

Personally with Titania, I focus on duration and efficiency, but not using Corrupted mods that will tank strength, and mostly only use her 4 and occasionally the one that makes people float away.
I think if I wanted to focus on things other than murderpixie, I'd probably focus on strength and duration to get the most out of the buffs, and make up for the efficiency lack some other way (such as spoilerdash if you're using the energy one).

Top Bottom