Mort aux cons
I’m bad at fighting corpus, and I’ve barely squeaked through the first couple of nodes.
- Corpus often is a DPS check. They have many light units with high firepower, so if you can kill them quick you're fine. So, have an appropriate loadout.
- No-aiming weapons like the Ignis, the Atomos, the Amprex (that one's high MR) are great to clear the clutter such as ospreys and rattels, esp. with your controller issue. Ditto for multi-forma pets.
- The giant red guys (Corpus Tech) have a *lot* of firepower. A few of them can cut down even a high-end frame.
- It's the worst faction to melee against.
- Prioritise the bright yellow dudes, before they can summon rattels.
- Their best units such as Nullifiers, Comba, Bursa... all require specific tactics, unless you tots outpower them.
- The Corpus units in the Vallis are even worse, both in terms of power and in terms of special heavy units.
I didn't mind the Focus acquisition. Focus on Zenurik at first (one lens for your main frame, one for your main weapon). Once you have the first level of energising wave, you have *the* big thing. The rest is just free cool stuff that accumulates as you play.
What little "farming" I did for Focus :
- Dark Sector survival missions as a melee frame with the Naramon school active (for, essentially, a free Affinity booster from Affinity Spike). It's also a good source of credits and a low-stress way to level a frame (or relevel a forma'd one).
- Sanctuary Onslaught runs (as a max-Range Saryn with a Zenurik lens slapped on). This one is more stressful, but it's a lot of Affinity and you get Khora parts.
Grouping for high-Affinity missions is more efficient, but these tend to be further away in the star chart.