• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Warframe Discussion Thread #5: We All Lift Together

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
The Supra Vandal is a really good workhorse. I'd definitely recommend getting it, if you have the ducats.

Truthseeker

Validated User
I've seen all Tetras called MR fodder at best, so that's probably a miss for me. I might actually take a look at some of the cosmetics this time.
Supra Vandal is a slightly better weapon. Prisma Tetra is an immensely more fun weapon. They will both kill things very very dead on the starmap. The question is whether you want to just kill things in a businesslike fusillade of energy packets, or turn every room into a glorious bouncy death-cage of madness that also kills stuff. Especially as you already seem to be in possession of a Tetra riven, which enables joy such as this:

Congratulations on the Plinx riven, though! Another lovely weapon.

Wharrgarble

Communist for Christ
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, as Tanka says, the Supra Vandal is a great gun. I think it's the best LMG right now, in fact.

not a pumpkin

Validated User
To be specific, the Supra Vandal has an augment which gives a status bonus, and more importantly periodically gives energy.

If you play a lot of energy hungry frames which can make use of the augment, it's easily one of the best primaries in the game, if you play a lot frames which have their own energy generation or just don't use a lot of energy you won't get what the fuss is.

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User
To be specific, the Supra Vandal has an augment which gives a status bonus, and more importantly periodically gives energy.

If you play a lot of energy hungry frames which can make use of the augment, it's easily one of the best primaries in the game, if you play a lot frames which have their own energy generation or just don't use a lot of energy you won't get what the fuss is.
It's still a great workhorse without the augment mod. It puts a lot of damage downstream and does it reliably.

Victim

Validated User
The one downside of the Supra Vandal is that it's not hit scan, and the projectiles are slow enough that it matters. I didn't like other similar weapons. But the Supra Vandal is so good in other ways that it's probably the best assault rifle. It also has an enormous clip - it's insane how much you can shoot without needing to pause.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Finally hit tier 3 with the Quills, only to discover that I have 600 cores. Hrm.
I also picked up the Tetra, because the Supra Vandal has a MR of 14, and I'm only 13. Sigh.
I also picked up Nekros, running with a group that was farming for his Neuroptics.

DisgruntleFairy

Validated User
Ok... I like watching warframe videos and youtubers. But I keep seeing a particular person complain about the "lack of endgame content" and as far as I can tell that means "I've played the game since early on and I want content that challenge me and give me rewards i want" but how in the world would you do that?

The problem is as far as I can tell that if you make content that the long term veterans find challenging you will totally lock out likely 90% of the user base. The other problem is what do you give players that have most everything? If you make something new how do you keep it from being so grindy that they would complain about that?

It seems like something that is impossible to do...

not a pumpkin

Validated User
It's still a great workhorse without the augment mod. It puts a lot of damage downstream and does it reliably.
Of course, it's still good, it still kills things, but there's a lot of good rifles in the game which serve a similar purpose of accurate damage at mid to long range, and ability to deal with both armor and nullifiers. The Soma Prime, Tiberon Prime, Prisma Grakata, Prisma Gorgon, Tenora, Telos Boltor all fulfil a similar role to to the Supra Vandal without the augment. I don't think it's obviously better than those, even the ones that are much easier to get.

The augment is what makes it stand out from the pack, the augment is why you would should buy, potato and forma this weapon even if you have a five forma Prisma Gorgon with a great riven.

not a pumpkin

Validated User
Ok... I like watching warframe videos and youtubers. But I keep seeing a particular person complain about the "lack of endgame content" and as far as I can tell that means "I've played the game since early on and I want content that challenge me and give me rewards i want" but how in the world would you do that?

The problem is as far as I can tell that if you make content that the long term veterans find challenging you will totally lock out likely 90% of the user base. The other problem is what do you give players that have most everything? If you make something new how do you keep it from being so grindy that they would complain about that?

It seems like something that is impossible to do...
Except Eidolons are end game content.

They're not amazing end game content, for reasons, but they are end game content.

They require you to put a lot of effort to get good at them, but because you actually have to learn how to fight them, and because they require specific builds, and teamwork, and specific focus abilities, and they give good rewards, even for people who've been playing the game for over a thousand hours, they give good focus rewards, which is a skill tree it takes a long time to finish, and they give arcanes, which is an entire reward type that only comes from there, and because there's such a huge pool of arcanes, you always get something, but it takes ages to get everything.

However there's very little actual difficult content in warframe, so the types of people who play warframe actually generally don't like anything that requires teamwork, or optimisation, or having to actually learn to do a specific fight, so Eidolons got a lot of pushback, so unfortunately I'm not currently expecting the Orb Mothers to be "better eidolons" like I was originally hoping.

Top Bottom