• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Warframe Discussion Thread #6: You Can't Spell 'Very Bad Call' Without Alad V

Sundancer

Validated User
The gilding challenge is also one of my least favorites.

You need to craft something (and likely need to farm the parts first), level it twice (well, technically not twice just for the gilding, but if you want any MR out of it), and spend standing for the gilding.
For something you potentially don't need or want, or might not have slots for.

Yeah, you don't need all challenges. But we all know that's not how most players tick.

Last edited:

Agamemnon2

Validated User
I did Octavia's last mission in Frost.

It was... not ideal.
Back when I tried it and failed, I was playing the super durable frames, Rhino and Inaros, pretty much exclusively. They sucked for speed and maneuverability.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
Yeah, I just crafted a zaw, but I don't know if I'll even level it this week. And... I was actually trying to bank reputation to get to the level where I could get an arcane. *sigh*

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, I just crafted a zaw, but I don't know if I'll even level it this week. And... I was actually trying to bank reputation to get to the level where I could get an arcane. *sigh*
I usually run 3-4 time through Hydron to level weapon to full.
I take Gara, equip only the weapon I want to level (since Gara get's most of her kill from Spliter Storm) and kill everything in sight.

It take 3 or 4 five-ten wave run to get the weapon for level 0 to level 30.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
The Gilding challenge is one I'm iffy on. I have enough fish to get the standing but mining Pyrotic Alloy in job lots is a bit grindy, and since I've Mastered all the Zaws and Kitguns it feels really redundant to go back and make something that ultimately I'll just hand back to Hok.

I guess he can sell it to some other Tenno though.

crusher bob

Validated User
I usually run 3-4 time through Hydron to level weapon to full.
I take Gara, equip only the weapon I want to level (since Gara get's most of her kill from Spliter Storm) and kill everything in sight.

It take 3 or 4 five-ten wave run to get the weapon for level 0 to level 30.
If you are leveling a weapon, you generally don't want to be wiping things out with warframe powers. That's probably also why it takes you so 'long' to level up the weapon.

---------------
IIRC, how xp works:

Your share of kills made by party members is even split among all your stuff. (i.e. why you only want to equip the weapon you are leveling and not other guns as well)

---------------------------

If you are trying to build lots of rep, remember to work on grinding your MR up as well, since that determines how much rep you can get a day. So getting to MR 15 or 20 makes getting lots of rep with a syndicate much faster.

If you need Cetus mining, getting the mining laser from Orb Vallis (which does everything the top Cetus mining laser does) is the first thing to do. It's much easier to get than the top Cetus laser, and having deposits on your minimap makes mining much less frustrating.

Kills made with your weapons, cats, etc is split between the weapon (50%) and the warframe (50%)

Kills made by warframe powers all go to the warframe

-----------------

So your weapon is probably only being leveled by the kills made by party members, and all the xp you are getting yourself is going to Gara.

The best way I've found so far for leveling weapons is to use nidus, because his #2 tentacles put targets into an easily shootable/swordable pile, but don't kill anyone.

Doing that, it only takes one 15 round, or around 2 ten rounds to fully level the weapon, because my frame isn't eating any of the xp by killing people.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
Conversely, if you want lots of focus or reputation, make sure you use frame with sigil or lens that does get a lot of kills- Banshee and Ash used to be absurd for this. Probably just Saryn and Mesa in the top tier for that, unless you want to farm stealth kills with Ivara.

crusher bob

Validated User
Hmm, I'll point out that you really don't need spuer kill all Saryn (or whatever) to gets lots of affinity/rep. You just need to stay in affinity range of the super-kill all saryn

In a run of ESO, if I'm doing 60% of the kills as Saryn, that still means that (up to) 25% of the total xp I'm getting is going to come from the shared XP from the kills of the other party members. So even if I'm killing (almost) everything myself, staying in affinity range is still a pretty big deal. So even if you don't have all the stuff to build a super killy Saryn, you can still get lots of XP simply by standing next to the super killy Saryn.

So going into to (E)SO with, say, a Trinity with the affinity distance boosting school and making your friendly local Saryn not have to worry about energy management is still a good way to farm affinity.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yup. The "easiest" way to level a new toy is to group up (defences, survival, etc are all good, Sanctuary is probably the best) and mostly use a known and proven weapon to contribute to the group, who will in turn be giving you affinity for the toy in your holster.

I prefer to do it with spy vaults. Much slower, sure, but also much calmer.

Top Bottom