• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Warframe Discussion Thread #6: You Can't Spell 'Very Bad Call' Without Alad V

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've never really noticed my sents or moas doing much of anything offensive in a mission, other than the freeze beam occasonally telling me there was a dude behind me. Kitties and doggos do much more work offensively. I usually just give my robot a weapon different from my primary to avoid mod conflicts. I can't see them contributing enough to be worth special mods.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If I'm doing a low level mission for Nightwave, I often run sentinelless, because they'll gleefully murder anyone around me before I can get that headshot. (My cryotra and disassembler both have 4-5 forma. Disassembler also has Shattering Impact, because it's a melee weapon.) In regular missions, disassembler seems to do decent damage.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've never really noticed my sents or moas doing much of anything offensive in a mission, other than the freeze beam occasonally telling me there was a dude behind me. Kitties and doggos do much more work offensively. I usually just give my robot a weapon different from my primary to avoid mod conflicts. I can't see them contributing enough to be worth special mods.
Helios is the onl one I notice offensively (pretty much uniquely, it has a melee weapon and can just flat out 1-shot things upto the high 30s). When you're doing sneaky stuff early on, it's an absolute lifesaver, as it will instantly aggro on stuff that spots you (and unlike those rockfucking MOAs, holds fire if you're still undetected).
I mostly recommend Tazicor because you barely need to mod it, and the proc shuts down a level 100 mob as easily as a level 10.

Shimauma

Awaits the Ponylarity
Validated User
On the flip side, you don't need to get everything, or even close to everything, to complete the event,
Lol, I hope so, 'cause I'm only going to manage two of the weeklies this round.

On the upside, I built Son Goku Wukong and boy, is he fun!

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Banned
Validated User
Helios is the onl one I notice offensively (pretty much uniquely, it has a melee weapon and can just flat out 1-shot things upto the high 30s). When you're doing sneaky stuff early on, it's an absolute lifesaver, as it will instantly aggro on stuff that spots you (and unlike those rockfucking MOAs, holds fire if you're still undetected).
I mostly recommend Tazicor because you barely need to mod it, and the proc shuts down a level 100 mob as easily as a level 10.
Helios with Healing Return can work pretty well if you have it.

In general I would say that Sentinels are better at killing and utility for the most part (Smeeta aside) but Moas, Kavats, and Kubrows can be made considerably tougher. Sentinels are also easier to get to full power- you need to pour five or even six Forma into a pet to really max them out, but it's rare that a Sentinel really needs more than two or three.

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
Yup. The "easiest" way to level a new toy is to group up (defences, survival, etc are all good, Sanctuary is probably the best) and mostly use a known and proven weapon to contribute to the group, who will in turn be giving you affinity for the toy in your holster.

I prefer to do it with spy vaults. Much slower, sure, but also much calmer.
I mean. "slower" is variable.

If I'm leveling a primary or secondary that either is silent or can be made silent, or a melee weapon (almost any melee weapon works due to stealth finishers), and can be modded to do enough single-shot damage (usually around 500+ per hit is enough), I will just pop into the Sedna spy with Ivara and stealth kill headshot chain my way through the mission. Last time I forma'd my Rubico Prime, I got it back to 30 in a single solo run (granted, with an affinity booster, but still).

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well poopy...
Seems I can;t change the color of my Nikana prime Saya form white which make it stand out like sore thumb on jy Ash

Kinda wish there was option use regular weapon skins as there is for Frame (that Ash is a prime)

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It is colored via the attachments tab.
Huh, so it.
Thanks.
THrough that was smart UI decision:
You know that thing makes most of you weapon color? We're not going to allow you change it via the weapon color change option.

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
I mean, technically that's the sheath, not the blade itself. Just because you almost never see the blade...

Top Bottom