• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Warframe Discussion Thread #6: You Can't Spell 'Very Bad Call' Without Alad V

nonsense

Hey Nonny-Nonny
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Unrelated to Nightwave, I decided to try to clear up the last couple Lua nodes yesterday, because I feel bad about my lack of starchart progress. (Also, my first riven needs sliding sentient kills.)

That spy mission can go… be by itself in a corner and think about its choices. Hard.
Using Limbo or Ivara reaaaaally helps. Laser immunity makes the mission a pleasant stroll.

My star chart nightmare is needing to do archwing stuff. I don't want to level them. I don't want to spend endo on them. Argh.

Sundancer

Validated User
I'm pretty sure I've never actually done Lua Spy.
I must have lucked into a replacement mission at some point (like syndicate or sortie), because I still have the full starchart completion.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
That spy mission can go… be by itself in a corner and think about its choices. Hard.
Go Limbo, no question. Then watch one or two Lua spy videos on Youtube.

(The first two times I did it I was playing the video on my laptop, pausing every 20 seconds or so, playing WF on my desktop, etc.. Also works with a phone.)

If you can't do the "jump from plate to plate" parkour, i'll explain the alt route.

mpswaim

Emo Dad
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've done Lua spy as a sortie. (Often, that means you've got at least one person who really knows what they're doing.)

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
That's probably more productive than the Sergeant. The three required Assassinations will cover a full Invasion.
And a Phorid manifestation is up, with mutagen masses as a reward, *and* on Ceres (where orokin cells rain from the sky, and where you can take thrilling photos of mosses.)

Last edited:

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
I've been thinking, operator...

The goal is to arm a Desecrate Nekros (with the usual Despoil/health conversion/equilibrium/fleeting expertise Pac-Man suite). I've settled on Twin Krokhurs, who present okay crit, high damage, good stances, lots of slash, a damn high status.

This Nekros will solo-farm dangerous zones (like the Directors in the Vallis) but not level 70+ crap.

Objectives :
- Melee, so I can keep a beast healed via the Hunter mods. The beast also brings life steal, DPS and fetch.
- Do 50%+ slash damage so dismemberment takes place to maximise desecration. It's not easy to stay above 50%, really.
- Have a Healing Return up to help with the health regen (which also draws from the pet, and both kinds of orbs). I need all the help I can get for survivability. This also means high status chances, especially since I won't be able to inflict that many different statuses.

I end up with this first draft for the swords :

I will be running Naramon with a combo lengthening ability, so I'm not sure about Drifting Contact. But adding an element is out of question to keep Slash on top, and I don't have room left to go big on crit (especially since the multiplier is only 1.7).

I reckon I could use a slash mod, but I just need slash at 50% (which is the case by... seven points of damage) and the viral proc odds are low enough dangit.

PS - carving mantis is great, and so is swirling tiger.

Last edited:

Sundancer

Validated User
- Have a Healing Return up to help with the health regen (which also draws from the pet, and both kinds of orbs). I need all the help I can get for survivability. This also means high status chances, especially since I won't be able to inflict that many different statuses.
I think Healing Return might be overkill given the amount of health orbs Nekros tends to produce.
You can get 90% damage reduction from Shield of Shadows, Health Conversion will effectively quadruple your health, and if you wanted to go for absolute defensive overkill, you could find a way to slot Adaptation, for yet *another* 90% damage reduction on top of that.

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
On Lua Spy - to unlock the node, you only need to complete one vault and then exit.

Personally, I like using Wisp on that one: there are a few platformy bits that are just easier if you can just send your ghost self off and then teleport to it when it's past the lasers. It did take me a fair few attempts before I could reliably get the third vault, mind, and even then sometimes I balls up the simon-says puzzle bit (and I have no idea how to do the alternative route if that fails).

Doug Hare

Validated User
I've probably got most if not all of Limbo Prime lying unused in my foundry if anyone wants to skip the normal version.

Top Bottom