• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Warframe Discussion Thread #6: You Can't Spell 'Very Bad Call' Without Alad V

Sundancer

Validated User
There's an Hydrolist kill, though.
Yeah, that one's a bit more involved than the other challenges.

To even summon the Hydrolyst, you need to capture the Gantulyst, because that's how you get the Radiant Eidolon Shard you need for the shrine.
For that you need three charged lures at the end of the Gantulyst fight, for the capture. If you have a Trinity in your group, that usually takes care of that. Oberon should work as well, and with the recent buff to the Augment for his 1 he can also buff the group's damage output.

Or you can charge more lures during the Teralyst fight, park all but 3 of them outside the Gantulyst's attack range, and grab replacements as needed. I haven't tried that, and it might very well be that, depending on how quickly you can take down its shield and the knobbly bits, you may still run out of lures that way.

This is probably the challenge/content with the greatest gap between geared meta groups and (ungeared) pugs. Geared meta groups will do 4 or 5 full Hydrolyst runs in a single night cycle. Non-meta groups with random amps and focus selections may sometimes struggle to deal with the Teralyst in time.

On the other hand, this Nightwave season will run for at least 5 more weeks after this one, and apparently there have been hints that it might be extended further again in the last devstream. Missing this one challenge is unlikely to matter all that much for most players.

Last edited:

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
Missing this one challenge is unlikely to matter all that much for most players.
Exactly, I expect to miss a challenge every week for lack of progression/twitch skills/time/desire to group/whatever. Well, except last week where I did everything.

And in the end I'm just a bit more than a week behind people who do everything - IIRC I'm currently 23 or 24.

Quantum Bob

Fear and Loathing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
ON ZIS FERY EFENING, PROJEKT SCHATTENWALKÜRE SHALL COMMENZ. AHAHAHAHA ... (Evil german laughter)

ahem ...

Imma put that Umbra Forma in Valk Prime. The last one went into Saryn. I'm really looking forward to that too.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
I'm also strongly consider Valk for an Umbra Forma. However, I'd rather not commit until I've had robust experience with every frame, which should take (checks notes...) forever.

Sundancer

Validated User
Valk is certainly one of the best candidates to make good use of all three umbral mods.

I've only recently put the first Umbra Forma on Mesa Prime. The set bonus between Intensify and Vitaliy allowed me to shuffle some mods around so I could slot Vitality again without losing out on power strength.
She was usually tanky enough between Shatter Shield and Adaptation, but having Vitality in there is nice to protect against one-shots during the Adaptation ramp-up. And it makes the pets tankier as well, with Link Health. My kavat was rather squishy without Vitality on the frame.

I'm considering Wukong for the second Umbra Forma. My current build also makes use of all three umbral mods, and I enjoy his kit more than Valk's.
That said, he's not quite as immortal as Valk these days.

Ghostwise

Mort aux cons
Validated User
One thing is, my Valkyr War Cry build can solo 20mn of Void\Mot, and combat-centric Sorties, with maybe one death from bad reflexes.

Thus, is an Umbra Forma really needed ? I'm unlikely to ever run into tougher stuff than these. And if the most critical components (the Hirudo's lifesteal and the huge-arse Armour score) get nerfed, Umbral mods won't make up for it.

Whereas helping Saryn more reliably clear 8 ESO stages does have tangible benefits... but I don't ESO much.

Quantum Bob

Fear and Loathing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One thing is, my Valkyr War Cry build can solo 20mn of Void\Mot, and combat-centric Sorties, with maybe one death from bad reflexes.

Thus, is an Umbra Forma really needed ? I'm unlikely to ever run into tougher stuff than these. And if the most critical components (the Hirudo's lifesteal and the huge-arse Armour score) get nerfed, Umbral mods won't make up for it.

Whereas helping Saryn more reliably clear 8 ESO stages does have tangible benefits... but I don't ESO much.
Neither frame really needs it, so I just umbra* the frames I enjoy playing the most and that realistically benefit at least a little bit from having all 3 umbra mods installed. So the first went into my tanky Saryn, the second goes into Valkyr, and Chroma probalby will get the third.

* this is a verb now

Eled the Worm Tamer

Spider Jeruselem's Warior
Validated User
To clarify a few things:
I'm Deccan Traps in the clan, and while I appreciate the generosity on desplay I already fomaed helios so I'm good till its ever unvaulted. Its apreciated though.

I could trade a gram prime blade for handle to same though if any one has one? Or I have a few spares of various prime frames I was working on?

Jondera

For SCIENCE!
Validated User
I put my first Umbral forma (from the previous Nightwave) on Valk, and the umbral set makes her kinda nuts. I've got the second umbral forma earmarked for her talons because without a stance I can't quite fit the sacrificial set and still fill every other mod slot; but sacrificial steel with the set bonus gives the talons a 100% crit chance, so...

It's less about needing that level of power and more about wanting to be silly. 1k health, 2400 armor, 200% power strength, eternal war on claws that have 5k base damage and a 100% crit chance and lots of speed boosts? Sure, let's do that, that sounds silly.

Top Bottom