• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Yellow Signatory

Formerly 'Lord Stilt-Man'
Validated User
I was looking for some information in old threads and there was some acrimony and people asked to leave threads, so I thought, lets start afresh. There seemed to be enough AoS players to sustain a thread like this as news comes out. Hopefully it will get some use.

For myself I wanted to ask about Flesh Eater Courts, a friend recently mentioned them to me and in looking them up I saw this quote

I say I don't care for most of the fluff; I do find the Flesh-Eater Courts hilarious, because they're repulsive ghouls and ghasts and zombies who are all convinced that they're brave warriors defending human civilisation from evil in the service of a noble king . . . all while they're wielding the remnants of the last person they ate as a weapon, or strapping skeletons to their back instead of a heraldic banner.

I mean, these guys think they're knights in shining armour:

Spoiler: Show
I'm a Nosferatu player in Vampire so this army is sounding entirely up my street. There's a sensibly priced starter box and it looks like army books are back to a sensible price to so I'm likely to pick both up when my free time next lines up with my Warhammer shop's open hours.

I've read the AoS wiki about their background and it all definitely appeals. But how are they in play? I recall Ghouls being fast moving in Fantasy Battle (many moons ago) so is this a sort of guerilla force appearing from nowhere and overwhelming individual characters and war machines? Is it a morale manipulator? any and all information would be gratefully received.

durecellrabbit

Validated User
Re: [Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Their biggest common trait is regeneration/self healing. They have some very fighty heroes and some with decent summoning and reviving skills. The core troops are fairy varied: ghoul are decent basic infantry, horrors are tough multi wound fighters and flayers are your mobile troops. Their two monsters are nice especially the Terrorgheist but you might prefer the mounted hero versions.

Maybe a close combat army with the skills to sustain itself would be a good description. Or knights but with zombie dragons and wings instead of horses and regeneration instead of plate armour.

Last edited:

Yellow Signatory

Validated User

Sounds great, thanks for the quick response. So what force(s) do you play?

Dragonlover

Validated User

I had no idea that was the Flesh Eater Court fluff. That's amazing.

I'm currently playing a mix of Bloodbound and Slaves to Darkness. I'll be adding some Skaven soon, one of my regular opponents has discovered the power of twenty handgunners with a general. My current plan is some gutter runners and an assassin, but I might get some stormfiends at some point too.

Dragonlover

Last edited:

Yellow Signatory

Validated User

I had no idea that was the Flesh Eater Court fluff. That's amazing.
Isn't it?

I'm currently playing a mix of Bloodbound and Slaves to Darkness. I'll be adding some Skaven soon, one of my regular opponents has discovered the power of twenty handgunners with a general. My current plan is some gutter runners and an assassin, but...
So Slaves to Darkness are agnostic Chaos from what I can tell, do they play well with Bloodbound? Was it a purely fluffy choice for you or are there awesome synergies on the table?

I might get some stormfiends at some point too.
Just looked these up, Cyborg Rat Ogres, awesome. :D

Last edited:

durecellrabbit

Validated User

I also play Bloodbound. Many Slaves to Darkness models can be given a Mark of Khorne making them pretty close to Bloodbound. The Chaos Warshrine is the standout Slaves to Darkness model. It can give nice buffs to Khorne and the 6+ ward save it gives is great for Bloodreavers who normally don't get a save.

DocShoveller

Godwin's Lawman
Validated User

Question: what can I do with Tzeentch?

I've got a hankering to paint blue Chaos Warriors, and I might be in love with the Silver Tower Tzaangors.

Yellow Signatory

Validated User

So where you a Khorne player in Fantasy Battle or is there something particular about the Bloodbound that attracted you? How do they compare to a Khorne daemon army?

durecellrabbit

Validated User

Question: what can I do with Tzeentch?

I've got a hankering to paint blue Chaos Warriors, and I might be in love with the Silver Tower Tzaangors.
You can do Tzeentch daemons and Tzeentch marked mortal but they're not as developed as Khorne and Nurgle are with unique models. Tzeentch is rumoured to be one of the next armies released along with Steamhead Duardin, probably next year some time.

So where you a Khorne player in Fantasy Battle or is there something particular about the Bloodbound that attracted you? How do they compare to a Khorne daemon army?
I liked the new Bloodbound models in the new starter set. Pure Bloodbound are infantry focused with a lot of buffs from their heroes while daemons have bigger pieces like Bloodthirsters, Skullcannons and Blood Thrones. Of course at some point I'm going to add some daemons to my mortal Khorne.

Yellow Signatory

Validated User

I liked the new Bloodbound models in the new starter set. Pure Bloodbound are infantry focused with a lot of buffs from their heroes while daemons have bigger pieces like Bloodthirsters, Skullcannons and Blood Thrones. Of course at some point I'm going to add some daemons to my mortal Khorne.
Cool, so judging by that and what Dragonlover said things are relatively free on mixing and matching inside your own grand alliance? Anything in Death worth adding to Flesh Eaters?

Tzeentch is rumoured to be one of the next armies released along with Steamhead Duardin, probably next year some time.
I hope that's what it sounds like, a Dwarf Engineer army?

Top Bottom