• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Peter_Smyk

Validated User
Re: [Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

I completely agree that I like the way they've split up Undead. It's very cool to see different thematic armies under the same banner - the delusional Ghoul Kings versus the more classic Soulblight vampires. Despite my general love of Blood Knights I'm extremely tempted to go all ghosts, all the time, and laugh at your rending - laugh in its FACE.

Ascanius

Use the singular they!
Validated User

Fyreslayer Auric Hearthguard troops carry magma pikes: "magical weapons crafted in the heart of the forge-temple, able to spew forth bolts of devastatingly hot liquid rock that sear flesh, melt armour and ignite the very air, such is their blazing heat. Enemies who survive this initial attack find themselves restricted and unable to move as the magma cools and solidifies - the Auric Hearthguard then close in and end the suffering with their bladed horns."

Plus fire drake things:

I believe their deal is that they live in volcanic caverns and whatnot. They're also all about hammering runes made of "ur-gold" into their flesh, if you didn't think they were metal enough.

Yellow Signatory

Formerly 'Lord Stilt-Man'
Validated User

I completely agree that I like the way they've split up Undead. It's very cool to see different thematic armies under the same banner - the delusional Ghoul Kings versus the more classic Soulblight vampires. Despite my general love of Blood Knights I'm extremely tempted to go all ghosts, all the time, and laugh at your rending - laugh in its FACE.
Ghosts was my second choice. Their start collecting box looks awesome even not knowing model rules and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with their book.

I believe their deal is that they live in volcanic caverns and whatnot. They're also all about hammering runes made of "ur-gold" into their flesh, if you didn't think they were metal enough.
Sounds like they've eaten some of what I loved about the Chaos Dwarfs. Always a quality trait.

jimthegray

Validated User

can you still go heavy on wights with a wight king lord?

Behemoth

a cache of old photographs in a trunk
Validated User

After over a year, I have finally got round to start painting my starter set minis. I've sprayed both the Khrone boys and the Stormcast fellas in a nice, calming white (more or less) and have began painting the Bloodreavers. While this is the second time I have tried to get into painting, the first was nearly twenty years ago. My goal is to have both factions looking different enough so that my girlfriend can reliably tell them apart, before going on to paint the Lizardmen that I'm actually interested in playing to a fair/halfway decent standard. As my standards are incredibly low, this is actually fairly low stress.

Broken

Validated User

After over a year, I have finally got round to start painting my starter set minis. I've sprayed both the Khrone boys and the Stormcast fellas in a nice, calming white (more or less) and have began painting the Bloodreavers. While this is the second time I have tried to get into painting, the first was nearly twenty years ago. My goal is to have both factions looking different enough so that my girlfriend can reliably tell them apart, before going on to paint the Lizardmen that I'm actually interested in playing to a fair/halfway decent standard. As my standards are incredibly low, this is actually fairly low stress.
Treat 'em like chess pieces. These guys are red and bronze, and these guys are gold. They should be plenty distinct, and you can then focus on your interest. As a bonus, they'll give you some low stress practice before you start the lizardfolk.

Yellow Signatory

Validated User

As my standards are incredibly low, this is actually fairly low stress.
Ha! this is precisely why I used to play Orcs and Goblins and am sticking to something inhuman and messy. I'd be buggered if I had to paint something like High Elves.

Behemoth

a cache of old photographs in a trunk
Validated User

Treat 'em like chess pieces. These guys are red and bronze, and these guys are gold. They should be plenty distinct, and you can then focus on your interest. As a bonus, they'll give you some low stress practice before you start the lizardfolk.
Yup, that's the plan. And along the way I can work out how to, you know, paint. Today's lesson - how to do a wash. By accident. Those paints probably shouldn't have been watered down that much.

Ha! this is precisely why I used to play Orcs and Goblins and am sticking to something inhuman and messy. I'd be buggered if I had to paint something like High Elves.
I've got 1500 points of a Dark Eldar army that I undercoated at the same time and am working up to. Slightly more complex than lizards, but I'm sure I can do something ok if I work at it.

Yellow Signatory

Validated User

I've got 1500 points of a Dark Eldar army that I undercoated at the same time and am working up to. Slightly more complex than lizards, but I'm sure I can do something ok if I work at it.
I'm sure you can mate :) I just have no illusions about my own ability to improve. I'd be interested in seeing your Lizards when you start getting them done, maybe you could post them in here? They always seemed like a cool army, you might just inspire someone.

Dragonlover

Validated User

Behemoth, have you watched the painting tutorials over on Warhammer TV? They're really good and easy to follow.

Dragonlover

Top Bottom