• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Crumbs

Validated User
Cost and size will vary based on army composition and points value you want to play.

Typically though around $500-$700 with planned purchases should get you a decent army. Realistically you are looking at $1000 for around 2000 points with a little variety in unit choices.

Scutarii

Validated User
For nighthaunt though I think you could get away with a lot less expenditure.

The Soul Wars box ($160, but split it with someone or just buy the nighthaunt half from ebay) will get you ~700pts. Get 2 copies of it (again, look on eBay for the nighthaunt half) and you'll have plenty of the core models and heroes for ~$160 and taking you to ~1500pts.

E.g.: something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nighthaunt-Age-Of-Sigmar-Starter-Army-Soul-Wars/273742475459?hash=item3fbc52b0c3:g:H3MAAOSwlLdcfBPo:rk:8:pf:0

Then pick up a few other bits and pieces as you like to spice it up. Sensible purchases should get you a good army for <$300.

ecs05norway

Validated User
... aaaand, this reminds me why I never got into 'Hammer to begin with. Dang.

I keep hearing that there's supposed to be some smaller-army skirmish game, maybe I should look into that.

Scutarii

Validated User

I keep hearing that there's supposed to be some smaller-army skirmish game, maybe I should look into that.
There's Age of Sigmar Skirmish

And they've teased a new AoS game from the same designers that made Kill Team so maybe keep your ear to the ground for when they reveal more about that

Inqy

World Breaker's Sigh
Validated User

Your best bet is to look at the "start collecting" kits on offer and see if any catch your fancy. They're actually pretty decent value, and it's the extra dribs and drabs that GW tend to overcharge on. (E.g. I'd argue that one of the reasons Flesheater Courts are really taking off after a buff isn't because they're the most powerful army in the game; they're good but there's still better options out there for the hyper-competitive, but because their start collecting kit basically provides you with all their core units bar the one that's currently exclusive to the Carrion Empire box set at a decent discount.)

As Scutarii said above, they've announced an upcoming game called Warcry that's probably going to be a Killteam-style skirmish game. Knowing GW's usual hype-cycle itll probably be out within 2-3 months.

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User
I've been re-basing my Moonclan infantry. This is part of the first Stabbas mob.

Luckily the squigs and fanatics were already on rounds, and the characters I've added were done with rounds. Just another 40 or so Stabbas to go.

Crumbs

Validated User
Looks good. How are spider grots? I have not had a chance to really read the grot rules yet.

I am not to sure the new release will be killteam since they pretty much have that with Path to Glory.

Anopheles

I draw bugs
Validated User
I’m not sure, since I don’t use the spider units. Want to some day.

On paper, the spider riders are fast and just ignore terrain for movement. Their spider bites can get mortal wounds, with a command ability giving them a better chance. The army is very limited, since there is only the one type of core troop if you stick to just Spider-themed.

The real power in the army are the Arachnoroks, which I have little experience with. You have several options for using them, from carrying swarms if grots, artillery, shamans, or even just a big spider.

ecs05norway

Validated User
HHmmm. I think I may be looking at major disappointment. The models I've picked up so far -- Myrmourn Banshees and Glaivewraith Stalkers - came with insanely gorgeous bases pre-made. It looks like all the starters come with is standard slotties.

Crumbs

Validated User
I’m not sure, since I don’t use the spider units. Want to some day.

On paper, the spider riders are fast and just ignore terrain for movement. Their spider bites can get mortal wounds, with a command ability giving them a better chance. The army is very limited, since there is only the one type of core troop if you stick to just Spider-themed.

The real power in the army are the Arachnoroks, which I have little experience with. You have several options for using them, from carrying swarms if grots, artillery, shamans, or even just a big spider.

Interesting. They would probably work as a small demo army to go along with my beastmen

Top Bottom