[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Question: if I have lore questions, where's the best place here to ask? I just finished the Shadespire novel by Josh Reynolds and feel like I'm missing something because I've only read one other Warhammer book.

Scutarii

Validated User
Feel free to ask here. The lore is a bit scattered and the novels cover stuff that's not included in army books and visa versa

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
There's a character in there named Zuvass.
Spoiler: Show
He appears throughout the book, manipulating at least one side of the story from the reader's perspective. He obstensibly works with a Ketophane named Mekesh, but says its at his convenience since sometimes he like to be in charge, sometimes not. Anyhow, I think that by the end of the story its implied he's a future version of Reynar, and that the whole novel was him basically making sure Reynar is lead down a path of fate to become Zuvass. When the book ends, we see Zuvass at the beginning of the end for Shadespire (well before the events in the book), appearing after Mekesh prays half-known prayers to older gods, forgotten gods.

"‘I am… Zuvass. And we are old friends, you and I.’ He looked down at him. ‘Or we will be.’ Mekesh felt a chill pass through him as the stranger’s smile grew impossibly wide. Not a man’s smile at all. Something worse. Something hungry. ‘I have seen it.’"

So, I'm wondering... Zuvass and some other characters mention things exist outside the Ruinous powers, Death, etc. Older, forgotten gods. Or possibly younger. Its suggested that Isagrim's quest for Reynar's skull was to prevent him from becoming Zuvass (although I'll admit how Nagash gets involved is still confusing to me).

I was thinking there was overlap between Warhammer Fantasy/Sigmar and 40K. And remembered that the Aeldari Harlequins (sic?) have their Laughing God. But... I don't know if these two would be counterparts? Or if its something in old lore I don't know (which there's a LOT I don't know), etc.

Its kind of... I almost feel like a regular reader/lore hound might know where this was going, but I'm a little confused.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
There's Age of Sigmar Skirmish

And they've teased a new AoS game from the same designers that made Kill Team so maybe keep your ear to the ground for when they reveal more about that
How do you like AoS skirmish? I have the White Dwarf with it, but don't know enough to figure it out.

Scutarii

Validated User
How do you like AoS skirmish? I have the White Dwarf with it, but don't know enough to figure it out.
I haven't played it but from the looks of it you gt a lot of freedom to mix and match your models, get some pseudo-party growth and the 'campaign' mode provided could be completed in a long evening or two short evenings. Not really a Mordheim alike but a good way to get some play with whatever grab bag of models your have (or Shadespire warbands for example).

Has issues with how fast and killy it can be from the looks of it.

Crumbs

Validated User
I have the full rules for it. It is basically just a small points AoS with your general getting better the more you play. There is a little more to it than that but that is the core of the rules. There is no difference in combat rules like killteam to 40k

It is great if all you want to commit to buying is a unit box and a character.

Though the new AoS game is clearly going to be killteam sigmar.

Hodden

The Great
Validated User

ecs05norway

Validated User
It does look interesting, and there's a leak I saw last night (can't find the link now, damnit) that basically confirms it will be open to all factions, just the initial release will be Chaos-specific.

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
Oh good.

Though I think I'll be waiting until non-chaos factions are available before I commit.

Top Bottom