[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

ecs05norway

Validated User
It's enough for me to start expanding the tiny Nighthaunt collection I started. (So far: 8 Myrmourn Banshees, 4 Glaivewraith Stalkers, two Dreadblade Harrows.)

MjrTrauma

One of Everything
Validated User
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/11/breaking-news-from-gama/

So... Warcry? But its just Chaos? Well, at least to start. So that's Khorne (Mr "I like uncomfortable chairs"), Nurgle, and Tzeench? Any others? The Skaven aren't a full Chaos thing, are they?

There are 6 symbols in the video (at the 0:27 second mark), but I don't really recognize them. Not sure if they represent different chaos gods, or factions within one (like was mentioned in the notes on the new Khorne Bloodbound Battletome the other day).

George Angell

Validated User
I think their meant to show different factions (through likely there will be at least one per Chaos God). The burb on the community website talks about how they want to show greater diversity within the Chaos factions and flesh them out a bit more.

ecs05norway

Validated User
Pretty sure I saw a screenshot of two models facing off, each one tagged with one of those logos.
I figure they're each a different Chaos faction.

I do know I saw a leak that mentioned various lists with Stormcast heading groups of other-faction models, but I can't find the link anymore...

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Speculation: there's a new "chaos undivided mortals" faction coming, of which the Darkoath (seen in the Chaos marauder guy in Silver Tower, and the Darkoath Queen from the Malign Portents release - considering the other three Malign Portents characters have all led to new armies) is one sub-faction.

prankster_dragon

Something Terrible
Validated User
Speculation: there's a new "chaos undivided mortals" faction coming, of which the Darkoath (seen in the Chaos marauder guy in Silver Tower, and the Darkoath Queen from the Malign Portents release - considering the other three Malign Portents characters have all led to new armies) is one sub-faction.
Yeah. I can see that. They have a warband in WH Underworlds too.
There's certainly been a degree of design work undertaken for the Darkoath that would suggest they're getting some kind of update. I believe Darkoath are the only Underworlds warband that doesn't have a more-or-less full mainline faction at the moment. Given the last couple of battletomes have consolidated some of the smaller factions to some degree, a new chaos mortals book focusing on Darkoath seems a safe bet. I'd not be surprised to see 'regular' Chaos Warriors show up in that book as well.

Scutarii

Validated User
If I might impose: Where can I find out more about that?
Their new army book details it but it's been alluded to elsewhere. Essentially during the destruction of 'The World that Was' (i.e.: the old Warhammer setting) the Horned Rat demonstrated itself to be so powerful that the other Chaos Gods had to recognise it as an equal and, essentially, it muscled its way into the Chaos pantheon through sheer power.

The realms float around in the Aether while the Skaven themselves have found a way of gnawing their way through the realms to build cities and tunnels in that Aether, allowing them to hide cities as well as travel between realms using 'Gnawholes' rather than relying on the realm gates everyone has has to use.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/26/26th-feb-lore-of-the-skaven-gnawholes-101gw-homepage-post-2/

Also the Darkoath are in the book they put out for kids in the AoS setting as initial antagonist. Before switching to Skaven. The Roll Models comic (on the Warhammer Community site:https://www.warhammer-community.com/roll-models/) also has them as a mirror team to the protagonists.

Top Bottom