• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Senex

Gunboat Diplomat
Validated User
Ylthari's Guardians and the Arch-Revenant is it, I think, but I don't know Sylvaneth very well either.

Scutarii

Validated User
New warband reveal for WarCry

Meet the Corvus Cabal – a shadowy pack of murderers hailing from Ulgu. These guys worship Chaos as a vast, black-feathered bird known as the Great Gatherer, offering trophies stolen from their victims to this strange deity. The Corvus Cabal have come to the Varanspire to seek the patronage of Archaon, who they see as an avatar of the Great Gatherer. They use stealth, guile and unnatural cunning to claim victory in the Bloodwind Spoil.

George Angell

Validated User
Nice... If the Warcry warbands become viable unites for in the revamped Slaves to the Darkness book, you could actually end up with interesting looking Unaligned Chaos armies for once.

Scutarii

Validated User
Nice... If the Warcry warbands become viable unites for in the revamped Slaves to the Darkness book, you could actually end up with interesting looking Unaligned Chaos armies for once.
Yeah a mixed marauder warrior horde made out of these unique kits would looks epic on the table.

Mercurial Sea

Smart Went Crazy
Validated User
I like the new warband, but there's no way I'm gonna get to claim that one of my girlfriend decides to join us playing War Cry (which is very likely). Oh well, I also like the Iron Golems and the Splintered Fang.

So, speculation time. It looks like there are six warbands coming out. So far, they're all from different realms, and I imagine that trend will continue. Right now we have Chamon, Ghur, Ghyran, and now Ulgu. There's no way we're getting an Azyr warband. And of the three that remain, I suspect Hysh is the other one that won't get one, though you could make a case for Shyish not getting it instead. Aqshy is a shoo-in. I'm hoping there's a Shyish warband, because while a light-themed Chaos warband could be interesting, I think I need the raw, heavy metal goodness that'll come of mashing up Chaos with Death.

Scutarii

Validated User
I like the new warband, but there's no way I'm gonna get to claim that one of my girlfriend decides to join us playing War Cry (which is very likely). Oh well, I also like the Iron Golems and the Splintered Fang.

So, speculation time. It looks like there are six warbands coming out. So far, they're all from different realms, and I imagine that trend will continue. Right now we have Chamon, Ghur, Ghyran, and now Ulgu. There's no way we're getting an Azyr warband. And of the three that remain, I suspect Hysh is the other one that won't get one, though you could make a case for Shyish not getting it instead. Aqshy is a shoo-in. I'm hoping there's a Shyish warband, because while a light-themed Chaos warband could be interesting, I think I need the raw, heavy metal goodness that'll come of mashing up Chaos with Death.
The initial logos were

So we've seen portcullis, snake, bird, skull and have torn off face (I'd guess death) and eyeball (I could see an argument that the pupil on the eye is actually a candle flame shape) to go.

In the background there are some of the realm symbols. Ghur (beasts), Ghyran (life) twice, Azyr (heavens) is in there, Hysh (light) too. Could be nothing as it doesn't include all the ones that have been revealed.

They've been keeping Hysh under wraps. Forbidden Power has a snippet ofa conversation between Teclis and Sigmar where Sigmar asks if the elves will come to help and Teclis says no. So...they want it to be a mystery, something to tease us with for a bit longer I think.

Light aligned chaos though would be really interesting to see.

BrianDR

Validated User
So the models look really cool, but I really want to know more about how they work. Not just rule-wise but also what form they come in.

Like looking at the picture, that looks like about a warbands worth of minis, right? But I want to know how they are going to be sold. Do you buy a box that just has those exact minis in those exact poses with those exact weapons? Or is that like two heroes and the contents of a unit box, where you get to choose the weapons for each of the minis in the unit box from a bunch of options?

They've been keeping Hysh under wraps. Forbidden Power has a snippet ofa conversation between Teclis and Sigmar where Sigmar asks if the elves will come to help and Teclis says no. So...they want it to be a mystery, something to tease us with for a bit longer I think.

Light aligned chaos though would be really interesting to see.
I mean we know from the lore that Slaanesh has infiltrated Hysh, right? Although the warbands so far all seem to be chaos undivided types.

George Angell

Validated User
Of course any warband that comes out of Azyr, no one is going to want to fuck with those guys. :)

But yeah I suspect it will Aqshy and Shyish. Aqshy is pretty much a given, and I agree that they're keeping a lid Hysh until the they're ready to roll out the Light Elves so that leaves Shyish.

I agree though a Hysh flavored warband could be pretty cool.

Scutarii

Validated User

Been several articles previewing the stuff from GHB2019, this is the matched play stuff.

Personally I am interested in the new 1kpts style games and the 'wacky' deployment styles.

The points stuff here seems fine - my Ironjawz sound to be getting cheaper again but I remain unconvinced that points reductions are what's needed for the faction. They simply lack tools and making their various beatsticks cheaper doesn't help much unless they get ridiculously cheap. E.g.: so many more bodies that you just don't care about mortal wound spam. So many more bodies that Slaanesh 50%+ of the time striking first can't kill or cripple the units. So many more bodies that a Gristlegore King on Terrorgeist can't just auto strike first and wipe the unit out in melee. Might be able to afford some allies to be cheap screens and shooting though.

Stormcast Evocators going up is entirely expected, the other Paladins coming down is also expected. Vanguard getting cheaper is a nice surprise - especially if it helps my Longstrikes! Also means I get to have more Gryph-Chargers which makes me inordinately happy. Would love to see Liberators get a discount though, they're just...sad.

Scutarii

Validated User
GMG has reviews up of the upcoming General's Handbook. Yes he has a breakdown on the points too, it's the second video ;)

Top Bottom