• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[+][Warhammer] Age of Sigmar general discussion.

Inqy

World Breaker's Sigh
Validated User

Been several articles previewing the stuff from GHB2019, this is the matched play stuff.

Personally I am interested in the new 1kpts style games and the 'wacky' deployment styles.

The points stuff here seems fine - my Ironjawz sound to be getting cheaper again but I remain unconvinced that points reductions are what's needed for the faction. They simply lack tools and making their various beatsticks cheaper doesn't help much unless they get ridiculously cheap. E.g.: so many more bodies that you just don't care about mortal wound spam. So many more bodies that Slaanesh 50%+ of the time striking first can't kill or cripple the units. So many more bodies that a Gristlegore King on Terrorgeist can't just auto strike first and wipe the unit out in melee. Might be able to afford some allies to be cheap screens and shooting though.

Stormcast Evocators going up is entirely expected, the other Paladins coming down is also expected. Vanguard getting cheaper is a nice surprise - especially if it helps my Longstrikes! Also means I get to have more Gryph-Chargers which makes me inordinately happy. Would love to see Liberators get a discount though, they're just...sad.
Given GW seem pretty dedicated to making sure that every faction which can support a self-contained army will get a 2E Battletome of some description, hopefully Ironjaws are due to get a more detailed overhaul at some point over the next year or so even if there's no major releases for them.

Scutarii

Validated User
Given GW seem pretty dedicated to making sure that every faction which can support a self-contained army will get a 2E Battletome of some description, hopefully Ironjaws are due to get a more detailed overhaul at some point over the next year or so even if there's no major releases for them.
I don't doubt it'll happen, though I suspect it won't be immediately. Ironjawz got an update in GHB2019 but the Gutbusters for example didn't. Maybe it's tea leaves and kremlinology but I'd guess Ogres are getting something this year not IJs.

Scutarii

Validated User
Question for the loremasters.

Are the Stormcast ranks/titles unisex? I.e.: Is a male and a female Loord Arcanum called a Lord Arcanum or is one a Lord and the other a Lady Arcanum?

I know that the Knight ranks are unisex.

George Angell

Validated User
Well Astreia Solbright is described as a Lord Arcanum in the catalog and on her warscroll, so I'm going to tentatively go with the term being unisex. Its obviously done for clarity in the rules but I don't think at this point there's been anything definite in the fluff.

I could be wrong though the only novel I've read featuring Stormcast was Soul Wars which I don't remember as having any high ranking female Stormcast in it.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
Looking at the re-vamped Treelord Stomp ability today and it got me wondering about how 2 rules interact:

My Bloodlord Khorne general always attacks first in the combat phase.

Treelord's Stomp occurs at the start of the combat phase. If it succeeds, affected unit fights last in the combat phase.

If it succeeds against my general, when does the general act? Still first? Last? Default to standard combat order?

I can't find an answer for this anywhere.

Scutarii

Validated User
Looking at the re-vamped Treelord Stomp ability today and it got me wondering about how 2 rules interact:

My Bloodlord Khorne general always attacks first in the combat phase.

Treelord's Stomp occurs at the start of the combat phase. If it succeeds, affected unit fights last in the combat phase.

If it succeeds against my general, when does the general act? Still first? Last? Default to standard combat order?

I can't find an answer for this anywhere.
On any given players turn the ‘action window’ opens for ‘start of [phase]’.

The player whose turn it get gets the first opportunity to declare any abilities in the action window. Once they have declared then their opponent(s) May declare any of their abilities that happen during the action window.

So. On the Khorne players turn their lords ability goes first. On the Sylvaneth players turn the treelord goes first

Scutarii

Validated User
And there's the Shyish warband. These guys are really, really cool, but one of my buddies basically has dibs on them, so I'll satisfy myself with some snakey bois (and maybe pick these ones up later anyway).
Simultaneously love them - they cut off their own faces and wear them as belts! - and never want to play them. Self mutilation is not my thing.

Now, horrible transformations ARE my thing but cutting your arm to stick a metal claw doesn’t not appeal. At least let me grow a tentacle or something.

Scutarii

Validated User
And the final reveal is for the Hyshian warband, giving us our first insight into Hysh itself's visual motifs

The Cypher Lords are a gloriously weird Warcry warband, quite different from any of their more barbaric kin. Unlike, say, the bloodthirsty Blades of Khorne or the roaming Untamed Beasts, these mysterious cultists hail from a city in the Realm of Light called Nochseed and, to the wider Mortal Realms, seem more or less ordinary – barring perhaps their taste in headgear.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Cypher Lords are as mad as the most frothing cultist of Tzeentch, delighting in spreading mayhem and madness wherever they go. They’re deadly fighters, too, using skills earned in the martial colleges of Nochseed to deadly effect, whether they’re cutting down rivals in the streets of their city or shedding blood in the shadow of the Varanspire to catch the attention of Archaon.

The Cypher Lords are the perfect warband for players that like the seductive, almost civilised side of Chaos – the esoteric cults and shadowy gatherings of nobles within cities all across the realms, as opposed to the unwashed, screaming barbarian masses outside them. They’re also perhaps our first-ever look at just what life might look like in the Realm of Light – a place which, until now, has been associated with the ordered kingdoms of Tyrion and Teclis.

Top Bottom