[Warhammer] Age of Sigmar RPG news from Cubicle 7!

Craig Oxbrow

Ah, y'know. This guy.
Validated User
News from Cubicle 7 reveals that the Age of Sigmar RPG will be using a new system based on D6 dice pools, totally separate from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It will be based around pick-up-and-play Archetypes, focusing on the forces of Order to begin with.

I think that going with a different system is definitely a good call, and D6 dice pools will be familiar to players of the wargame.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm excited for every bit of news on this. And, well, Daughters of Khaine are Order, so here's hoping we see an archetype for them in the core!

Jaeger

That someone better
Banned
Validated User
I was very disappointed that they didn't use a version of the one ring RPG rules for Warhammer fantasy. If you're not going to try something different just reprint 2nd edition.

But I think they were gun shy after the 3rd edition backlash from the WHFRP die-hards.

I'll wait for the reviews when it comes to age of sigmar.

Toa

Freilanzer
Validated User
I'll also stick with 2nd for "classic" WHFRP, but I am curious about that d6 system for AoS, so I'll keep an eye on it.

Wart

Validated User
I was very disappointed that they didn't use a version of the one ring RPG rules for Warhammer fantasy. If you're not going to try something different just reprint 2nd edition.
There's a case to be made that that's exactly what they did, just with some mild tune-ups here and there (the change to the career system is very welcome, as is the advantage system in combat), more flavourful art, and rolling back the Storm of Chaos stuff (which the 2nd edition designers had been forced to include by GW, so they sort of dragged their feet about it like a kid who doesn't want to go to school and ended up being a bit muddled on the delivery).

Tanka

We See You
Staff member
Validated User

Guidance:

Let's not drag this thread into a WFRP edition war, please.

Scutarii

Validated User
It's difficult to be excited after so long since the initial announcement and then silence, but I remain interested. Seeing how they flesh out the setting into something to adventure in rather than just fight over. Hopefully they go full on mythic and magical with bizarre landscapes and environments and people to interact with.

Top Bottom