• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Warhammer] Age of Sigmar RPG news from Cubicle 7!

DocShoveller

Godwin's Lawman
Validated User
Just worked my way back through this thread and saw the discussion of Spear of Shadows. That book is great and usually the most recommended book for people looking to learn about the Mortal Realms and the Age of Sigmar world (the other recommendation is City of Secrets). If you are interested in where to start with the world, including some recommendations from the authors Josh Reynolds and David Guymer, I suggest this blog post from Track of Words: https://www.trackofwords.com/2018/09/12/getting-started-with-black-library-age-of-sigmar/
Hammerhal and other stories is a pretty good bitesize intro, something you can dip in and out of.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Ah cool, I really like the look of the character and was wondering was she a named one and Blacktalon seemed to be the only named female mini I could find. Thanks for the clarification.
Neave Blacktalon is specially a Knight-Zephyros (essentially, she hunts enemy leaders), part of the Vanguard Chamber of the Stormcast (scouts, outriders, hunters, and all the other Stormcast that took a level or two of Ranger). She also has her own novel and accompanying short story (the author's a friend of mine, so I feel I should signal boost them).

Inqy

World Breaker's Sigh
Validated User
This is Knight-Questor Vel Arturious, one of our new heroes :)
For the benefit of those new to Age of Sigmar, a Knight-Questor is a Stormcast who has been given a specific quest by Sigmar that can involve travelling away from the main Stormhosts to adventure alone or with others. They were introduced with the Silver Tower game I believe, where a KQ was one of the heroes wandering the Tower looking to slay the Gaunt Summoner. Their entire concept basically screams: "PC option."

Emmetation

Validated User
For the benefit of those new to Age of Sigmar, a Knight-Questor is a Stormcast who has been given a specific quest by Sigmar that can involve travelling away from the main Stormhosts to adventure alone or with others. They were introduced with the Silver Tower game I believe, where a KQ was one of the heroes wandering the Tower looking to slay the Gaunt Summoner. Their entire concept basically screams: "PC option."
Yeah it was a real gift for us 😂

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Very random question for later: Will all or most of the races found in Shadespire or Warcry be present in the core book? Not for players, but as possible antagonists?

Not that I'm looking for excuses to buy them, of course >.>

Bruce Redux

Not flying or biting
Validated User
So there I was on Facebook, asking about Warhammer Fantasy fiction and RPG stuff, and Craig Oxbrow told me I'd find great info here. So I go to look...

And now I'm just drooling and babbling. It's so unseemly. :)

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So there I was on Facebook, asking about Warhammer Fantasy fiction and RPG stuff, and Craig Oxbrow told me I'd find great info here. So I go to look...

And now I'm just drooling and babbling. It's so unseemly. :)
Probably ought eat something ;)

Hopefully more news will be coming, but always take with a grain of salt. I don't think they're in the final stages yet (or for a while).

Top Bottom