[Warhammer Quest] Blackstone Fortress

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I wasn't really planning on getting this but a 30% Boxing Day discount, combined with some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket made me pick it up. It's really nice looking. I am excited to get at it the next time I have free time (as my Xmas holidays are drawing to a rapid close, alas...).
It's good times. And as a bonus you've got yourself a legit Kill Team.

Gentleman Highwayman

Validated User

Something big is coming to Warhammer Quest – something not seen in decades…

That’s right – the Ambull is back, and it’s angrier than ever! This model brings a classic from Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader to life in stunning detail, finally giving this terrifying beast a miniature worthy of its reputation:

The Dreaded Ambull is the first in a series of expansions for Blackstone Fortress, allowing you to add this xenos monster to your games, whether you’re hunting for its lair or simply adding it to the possible Hostiles that can turn up in any given encounter. More than just a new adversary, this is a fully-fledged side-quest to add to your games.

That’s not all our Ambull-related news, either – the Ambot, a mechanical brute from the underhive, is coming to Necromunda in a new plastic kit that builds a pair of cybernetic monstrosities:

Typical – you wait 30 years for an Ambull, and 3 show up at once…

Gentleman Highwayman

Validated User
So single monster expansions, not sure how I feel about this. If this is a $50 or $60 expansion I can see this being a passably expensive expansion path. This is a very KDM business model where each monster comes with new rules and every once in a while a larger themed expansion with new explorers and boss (and minion) model comes out to keep it fresh.

Dulahan

Validated User
Yeah, as cool as that looks. I'm not too keen on shelling out for just that without some other stuff. Maybe for $30, but any more and nope.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I'm less concerned about the price and more about whether it's enough content to be worth cracking the box open and playing again after having already opened the vault :) Might need to wait for a full expansion, and *then* go back and get the Ambull etc to mix in with it.

CynicalCat

Validated User
I'm less concerned about the price and more about whether it's enough content to be worth cracking the box open and playing again after having already opened the vault :) Might need to wait for a full expansion, and *then* go back and get the Ambull etc to mix in with it.
Havent played it yet but have assembled all the minis. I might wait for this expansion before playing or not bother at all with it. I really hope there will be extra cards for all the other decks too otherwise this is just not worth it. I do like that theres two little swarms included as well.

Everything depends on the pricepoint though.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
Question: What are people favourite explorers?
Either because they are just very good, or because they were fun to paint, or because you really like the sculpt or the fluff

Top Bottom