• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

[Warhammer Quest] Blackstone Fortress

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Question: What are people favourite explorers?
Either because they are just very good, or because they were fun to paint, or because you really like the sculpt or the fluff
Vorne is just great. AOE that ignores cover, great mini. She's a little fragile but she excels at the "kill absolutely everything before it can activate" school of defence.

Shadowguide is really good. She's a perma-inspiration character who ends up excellent at any range and has a ton of movement.

Probably the other axis to assess characters on is their ship. I didn't actually think much of Grekh but his ship power is great.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
I've been playing solo with Janus Drake, Vorne, UR-025, and the kroot guy. Vorne is definitely the MVP, especially for swarms of guardsmen. Inferno is just fantastic. UR-025 and Drake are about even in my mind, with UR-025 having the edge... it is great at clearing out stuff, and is super easy to level (if you find any drones), while Drake's free gambit has been super handy. I'll probably replace the kroot. He's no slouch in combat, but his traps are much harder to use effectively than Inferno.

I'm on the second scenario which is a stronghold assault. I had to assemble an approach deck of 6 random challenge cards. All 6 were combats... ugh, what a slog. I had to pack up and take a little break after that!

It's a fun game, but could use another enemy type or two in the base box IMO. Chaos Marines got added to the deck after the first mission, but the times they've come up I've pretty much crushed them immediately.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
I fully concede I haven't even finished putting together all the models.
I'm still in the painting stage myself :)
Going at a good pace, Vorne, Ratling bros, and Winghead Navigator are all done (with the Navigator being my favourite), as well as the Beastmen, and the Ghouls

gribble

Validated User
We played through with Draik, UR-025, Vorne and the ratling twins. Seemed to be pretty much the perfect crew - Draik for gambits and taking out groups at close range, Vorne for taking them out at long range, UR-025 for tanking (watch out for Negavolts though) and generally being an all round murderer at close or long range once inspired, and the twins for maneuverability and sniping out key targets at long range.
After the first couple of sessions, I don't think we were seriously challenged, even by any of the strongholds. The final stronghold was a walkover once we realised:
Spoiler: Show

With the twins (i.e. 5 hero miniatures), we could completely block off two spawn points and still have a remaining hero to finish the task...

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
It seems most people are including Vorne. Am I gimping myself if I don't?
I was planning on including Winghead Navigator as he was a blast to paint, and possibly the Kroot as my two choices (planning on playing with my brother)

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
It seems most people are including Vorne. Am I gimping myself if I don't?
I was planning on including Winghead Navigator as he was
It's fine - she's great but a lot of what she does can be covered by gear, and as established gear seems to make the game a bit too easy anyway so any mix of explorers shouldn't be a problem.

Top Bottom