• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

[Warmahordes] Low-sodium discussion thread

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
I don't check the PP site much these days (please... upgrade... site... soon!) but I'm glad I did today because there's a pretty interesting 2019 preview up!

- Art of PP book kickstarter coming. I might back this!
- Next minifaction: Infernals
- The best news is THEY ARE FINALLY PUTTING OUT A CAMPAIGN BOOK! YAYYY! This might be the push I need to get my friends into it. I've wanted a new WM/H campaign book for... uh... a decade?
- Some Monsterpocalypse and Minicrate stuff I skipped over
- A little bit about Riot Quest, their upcoming post-apocalyptic IK skirmish thingy.

Sounds good to me!

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Its looking like the "everything online, fluff in novels" approach didn't really work out. Which is unfortunate in some regards. Now, I've never bought a campaign book before, so what's in it besides new units and the like?

I'm hoping all the new stuff gets good online support for IKRPG. Also, more Company of Iron? Yay!

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
It's hard to say, because the last time they did a campaign book was in the Mk 1 days (Escalation had a story campaign broken up into acts, Apotheosis and Evolution had map-based campaigns, and there was at least one map based campaign in NQ). This is pretty new territory.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, I've been playing Company of Iron for a while and I'd like it to be a bit... faster? Also, to make having Health a bit more valuable.
I'm wondering if changing the Casualty Roll to being dead on rolls 1-3, incapacitated 4-5, and "only" knocked down on a 6 would have the desired effect? Or if that would swing things a bit too much the other way... being too lethal.

Alternatively, I was thinking that a "degrees of success" affecting the roll, but am not sure what might work best.
  • Having a Critical success on the to-hit roll could increase the Casualty difficulty by 1 (or rather, reduce the roll by 1).
  • For every 5 points of damage that exceeds ARM the Casualty difficulty is modified by 1. So, exceeding it by 10 would turn a 6 into a 4, so incapacitation!

Thoughts?

NPCDave

Validated User
  • For every 5 points of damage that exceeds ARM the Casualty difficulty is modified by 1. So, exceeding it by 10 would turn a 6 into a 4, so incapacitation!
I think this idea is best.

I have also been playing CoI quite a bit and one thing I find I never want to do is hit someone who is incapacitated. I might kill them, but I might also help them get out of being incapacitated and just be knocked down. So rather than give them that chance, let them spend their activation trying to get up themselves, while I spend my action targeting nearby allies that could get into B2B and help alleviate that incapacitation.

Top Bottom