• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Warmahordes] Low-sodium discussion thread

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Nice start! Not quite what I was hoping for in some regards, but good! The tagging of stuff is going to be a massive help too.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
In other news - I picked up the Crucible Guard army box. (Why I did that considering I haven't played in a couple years and have PLENTY of unpainted models already lingering around is an exercise for the reader.) Anyway - just opened it up and I'm really pleasantly surprised! All of the units and solos are a mix of resin and/or metal - none of the PVC plastic. At a glance, all the sculpts look really good. Better yet, the two 'jacks are hard plastic kits!

DeathbyDoughnut

a.k.a. Mr. Meat Popcicle
Validated User
Step one. Dip a toe in.

Step two. Paint your first miniature.

Step three. Buy more miniatures.

Step four. Buy more miniatures.

Step five. Buy more miniatures.

Step six. Experience a small existential crisis. Convince yourself you just need more storage space.

Step seven. Buy more miniatures.

Step eight. Convince yourself you'll only buy more miniatures after you've assembled and painted what you have.

Step nine. Become disencourgaged when you realize the monumentous task step eight would be.

Step ten. Buy more miniatures in your depression that inevitably spawns from step nine.

Step eleven. ????

Step twelve. Acceptance, and as a reward buy more miniatures.

I usually cycle through step 3 to step 10.

Grymkin looks pretty cool, I only have one Hordes army.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
My friends will be streaming a Warmachine game at 3pm HST (GMT -10)! Skorne vs Protectorate, 25 points!

Feora + Hand of Judgement, Redeemer
Exemplar Warder, Rhupert, Alten Ashley, Choir (half unit), Temple Flameguard (full unit) + Temple Flameguard officer & Standard

Supreme Aptimus Zaal + Kovaas, Titan Gladiator, Rhinodon
Ancestral Guardian, Hakaar the Destroyer, Extoller Novitiate, Immortals (full unit?), Paingiver Beast Handlers (half unit?), Praetorian Swordsman (full unit).

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Well, it's warming up. My goal is now to assemble my Cryx3 starter and the Retribution stuff that I got from last year's warehouse clearout sale by the end of the month. Just have to figure out which version of the Colossal kit to make.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Spent the weekend reorganizing my desk space to make room for painting and assembling. And I don't know if it's the Citadel glue or the plastic Privateer is using now, but I am having a hell of a time getting my models to stay together. Glued a Slayer's arm on last night, left it in place for about 12 hours, pick the model up this morning to glue to the base, and the arm fell right off.

Deflare

Validated User
Spent the weekend reorganizing my desk space to make room for painting and assembling. And I don't know if it's the Citadel glue or the plastic Privateer is using now, but I am having a hell of a time getting my models to stay together. Glued a Slayer's arm on last night, left it in place for about 12 hours, pick the model up this morning to glue to the base, and the arm fell right off.
Important question: Are you using plastic cement, or superglue? Because most of PP's "plastics" are actually a plastic-resin blend that doesn't work with plastic cement (which works specifically with polyurethane). You'll need to superglue those bits on.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
Yes, and if you ARE using superglue, you might try cleaning the pieces (with a toothbrush and a little dish soap in water) just in case there’s some release grease on them.

Top Bottom