• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Warmahordes] Low-sodium discussion thread

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Ah, Yeah, I'm using some Citadel plastic glue because my local store sells Warmahordes minis and P3 paints but not the glue.

Deflare

Validated User
Any commercial superglue should do the job; you don't need a minis-based brand. I use Loctite gel glue (gives me more control than the runny liquid stuff), but Gorilla Glue or whatever does it just as well.

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User
ALSO, somewhat tangentially, I've found that even for Citadel plastic miniatures, Citadel plastic glue basically doesn't work? I've had much better results with Testor's.

Deflare

Validated User
ALSO, somewhat tangentially, I've found that even for Citadel plastic miniatures, Citadel plastic glue basically doesn't work? I've had much better results with Testor's.
Army Painter's plastic cement is pretty good too. I haven't tried Citadel's, but generally speaking, GW's hobby supplies and tools are just expensive versions of things you can get somewhere else (except for some of their technical paints, which CAN be found elsewhere but it's a bit trickier).

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
I'm having pretty good luck (re)assembling with Loctite Super Glue. Though one of my Slayer's arms refuses to set, may have to go in and figure out how to pin it. I'm looking at Priming my Cryx Mk3 box and starting assembly on my Retribution stuff from last year's warehouse sale, which got me a good portion of a Legion of Dawn list.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Over the last week, I've assembled most of the Scyrah starter, an extra Griffon, and a Hyperion, as well as primed Hyperion. The Dawnguard Invictus arms are so weird and I decided assembling them could wait while I do some painting. I have to say overall Hyperion is my favorite Privateer model to assemble currently.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Nice! There’s so many models I want to play, but much fewer I want to actually play. It’s always tempting to buy and say “I’ll make a small force for my friends to play with when I teach them to play.” But I know I won’t!

D13

Luckily Unlucky
Validated User
Nice! There’s so many models I want to play, but much fewer I want to actually play. It’s always tempting to buy and say “I’ll make a small force for my friends to play with when I teach them to play.” But I know I won’t!
I do that too, but I follow through. I'll invite a friend over for a match. I like to do set piece battles where there is a small story, curse my roleplaying blood! With story mechanics. A recent match I ran was a Cryx warcaster was traveling through an abandoned town, then ambushed by a band of Mercenaries. The Cryx caster started with just the caster and one 'jack, and could pull in one unit or solo from a reserve list every round. As if the caster was summoning the local dead to do their bidding. I had my friend pick which side he wanted to run since this was my scenario. He chose Mercs. I played the Cryx.

The scenario was escape: if the Cryx warcaster could reach the opposite side of the field they escaped, or if they murdered all the Mercs they won. Tons of fun and I got to use some Mercs that I had picked up in a cheap ebay lot. The Mercs won, but just barely in turn five.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Hrm... not sure what I think of the Riot Quest to WM/H crossover. Neat?

So it sounds like we could se up to 30 solos showing up in the both games in the next two years or so. Is this good/useful? I've kind of dropped off my COI/WMH play as of late due to Aristeia. This is looking more like Shadespire to me in some regards... Not saying it couldn't be fun, and it'd be minis for two games, but...

Top Bottom