• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Warrior, Rogue, and Mage - Nice!

TheRoleplayer

Nowhere Man
Validated User
For starters, congrats! It's tempting to finally run my ideas for high fantasy adventures, since I'm quite resistant to play D&D because of the system.

Now, I can't help but hope to see the author following the new trend and baking a supers variant for the system! :cool:

mitchw

Viral Marketing Shill?
Validated User
For starters, congrats! It's tempting to finally run my ideas for high fantasy adventures, since I'm quite resistant to play D&D because of the system.

Now, I can't help but hope to see the author following the new trend and baking a supers variant for the system! :cool:
For a supers vesion (or a high powered fantasy version) you could replace the 1d6 with a progression of dice like Savage Worlds. At very low experience you roll 1d4, then progress up to 1d6 -> 1d8 -> 1d10 ->1d12. This would make 'street' level supers around d8 while world class supers could be up at the d12 level.

For cosmic level supers you might even go to 1d12 and a 2nd die that starts at d4 and grows. To keep the target numbers from going out of control, these 2 dice supers would roll and keep the best instead of adding them together.

Mitch

Or to keep the simple D6 mechanic use a multiple dice method.

Each level in the stat is equal to the amount of D6's you throw, now it would be a decision if the exploded dice system is used as well as of course this would/could push the numbers and TA's up to high figures.
For a super power game I would use the exploding dice BUT keep it to the first (and only the first) dice used (so a stat of one is an exploding dice but a stat of 2+ only one is ever exploding).

Rog.

Tomes

That's my name.
This is really great stuff - and it LOOKS great too. Can't wait to read it properly over the weekend.

Many thanks for sharing, Stargazer! :)

xenongames

Roleplayer
Validated User
The disadvantage of solid, simple, functional systems such as this is that it is hard for me to get excited by it.

Warrior, Rogue, and Mage are roughly equivalent to Strength, Agility, and Mind. Very TFT. The issue of high- versus low-magic is really just a matter of giving everyone a free Magic Talent (or not).

The exploding dice mechanic would seem to make combat very dangerous. I've rolled enough dice in Savage Worlds to know that a 1d6 can turn into a roll of 20+ more often than you'd think.

Godfather Punk

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind
Validated User
OK. I found this thread yesterday evening. Downloaded the game, printed it this afternoon and read it on the train back home.

Due to circumstances our regular GM had nothing prepared, so I whipped out this baby and an old D&D module, did some quick conversions and we had a blast! Great, simple game.

(there were some questions about the rules though; I'll post them here tomorrow. Off to bed now :) )

Tim Gray

Midi-thewed
Validated User

I came up with Powerhouse, Adventurer, Mystic.
Then realised it's the same as you'd use for pulp.

Congrats on going viral!

Top Bottom