• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

WEG is up for sale!

NYTFLYR

Caution: Flying Rocks
Validated User
I wonder what the realistic future is in the properties, especially if seperated out... any ideas on:

D6?

TORG?

Bloodshadows?

Shatterzone?

jakspade

Fear the tongue!
Validated User
This is a good day.
Not particularly. Even though I am glad that the WEG stuff ended up in the hands of a fan, there is an equal enough chance that the company product could end up in the hands of someone who dislikes the product and would decide to make sweeping changes to it in order to "fix it their way". I like all of those products, and would hate to see them "Savaged" or anything else. But, cest la vie.

jak

Allandaros

Active Ingredient
Validated User
Not particularly. Even though I am glad that the WEG stuff ended up in the hands of a fan, there is an equal enough chance that the company product could end up in the hands of someone who dislikes the product and would decide to make sweeping changes to it in order to "fix it their way". I like all of those products, and would hate to see them "Savaged" or anything else. But, cest la vie.

jak
I think Savaged, in context, means Savage Worlds. Even if it's not the system you prefer, I don't think there would be sweeping changes to the properties. :)

naturaltwenty

Roll and Shout!
Validated User
I think that that discussion should stay out if it. I would stick to the concept of a WEG sale or this thread will go down the toilet fast.

That being said I don't know what it'd be worth. The time window to release material is definitley not now when the 4e swirl is taking effect.

I wish there were a sticker price like on a car:)

So the people on this forum were such vile assholes that he...decided to finally take their advice?

NulSyn

Hippo, Nature's Ninja!
Validated User
I think Savaged, in context, means Savage Worlds. Even if it's not the system you prefer, I don't think there would be sweeping changes to the properties. :)
Savaged as in Savage Worlds. Shane Hensley wrote for WEG back in the day, and now has his Deadlands and SW. He has stated Torg is one of his fave games. And to be fair, he has stated he doesn't feel it needs changing.

Sounds like a good home to me.

Top Bottom