• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Welcome to the Reviews Forum

ShannonA

RPG Historian
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is the new home for all forum posts connected to RPGnet reviews. Whenever a new review is posted, a forum thread will be created here with basic information about the review. The review itself will remain connected to the forum thread, so that you'll continue to see posts made to the thread over at the review page, just like in the old system.

When you post responses to reviews, please try and keep the Title: of your post updated. This will help keep things organized in a way similar to the old threads, and will also make the forum links from the review page more useful.

This forum is purposefully set up to disallow the posting of new threads. If you have any general reviewing comment feel free to reply to this post. Questions about unposted reviews, problems with the review software, etc. continue to belong in Trouble Tickets and may not be noticed if you post them here.

ShannonA

RPG Historian
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
All the old forums, from reviews 9000+ are now converted as well.

When reading an older review thread you might find it easier to choose Display->Thread View. I maintained all of the threading information in the conversion, and since quotes weren't built into the older system it might be a little harder to understand context without that.

Even older reviews may be converted someday, but not soon. It's a difficult process because the review texts only exist in flat files, not the database.

Shannon

Evan Waters

Talented Amateur
Validated User
Why are only some of the review forums visible when you enter here from the main forums page? I've looked at a couple of reviews in the database which have been put into this new format but still aren't visible on these pages. Is this for the most discussed or something similar?

ShannonA

RPG Historian
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm pretty sure they're all here, just organized by date, with threads untouched in 30 days not visible unless you toggle the little thingy at the bottom of any thread page which says how far you want to look back.

Shannon

Evan Waters

Talented Amateur
Validated User
ShannonA said:
I'm pretty sure they're all here, just organized by date, with threads untouched in 30 days not visible unless you toggle the little thingy at the bottom of any thread page which says how far you want to look back.

Shannon
Ah, right. Thanks.

SteelCaress

Epic-Level Geek
Urg! Everything's all mangled. Now, instead of being able to simply click the next item in a thread, you have to hunt replies down by title and merely hope it's the next item.

Or am I missing something here? It looks like forum posts all tossed in a blender to me. Date doesn't really matter...by topic is the way I used to look up things.

Armin

Martian
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
SteelCaress said:
Urg! Everything's all mangled. Now, instead of being able to simply click the next item in a thread, you have to hunt replies down by title and merely hope it's the next item.

Or am I missing something here? It looks like forum posts all tossed in a blender to me. Date doesn't really matter...by topic is the way I used to look up things.
At the top of the thread, on the right hand side of the purple bar, is a Display Modes menu. Click on it and select Switch to Threaded Mode. That will put things in an order and format very similar to the old forums. That should fix you right up. (Although you'll want to turn that off again if you're used to browsing the rest of the forums in Linear mode.)

Armin

azoundria

Retired User
So how exactly does reviewing work?

Am I allowed to simply submit my RPG for review or is this not how it works?

And why wont 'New Thread' work for me but there's still a button?

UberGnome

Noddamod
RPGnet Member
Write up a review, and fill out this form. One of the board administrators will look over your review, and if they think it is appropriate they'll post it.

As for the "New Thread" button, I'm not exactly sure why it won't work. Clear your cookies and cache, and try posting again in the "RPGnet Forums" forum. If that doesn't work, email one of the administrators, and they should sort it out.

Top Bottom