• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

WFRP - online - need players

nemo

Atmospherium Junkie
Validated User
I've finished my character--- He's a physician's student named Friedrich Eulenspeigel. Fred's a talented young fella, but a bit undisciplined and succeptable to vice and idleness. Think a younger version of Robert Downey Jr.'s character in the movie Restoration and you'll be pretty close. I've sent a copy of the sheet to Grunweasel. If anyone wants to use him in their background, just PM me and I'll email you his vital stats, etc.

Last edited:

Phantom Grunweasel

Situation Normal Oll Korrect
Validated User
Okay. All the characters are in.

arxhon, let us know when your schedule's cleared up and we'll be ready to start. We'll be playing on Mondays, at 10 PM EST.

Phantom Grunweasel

Validated User
Okay, so we're on for Monday, 25th. Meanwhile, a question for everyone: what messenger service would you prefer to use?

Personally, I don't fancy AIM or MSN. Apart from the fact that we seem to be pretty evenly divided between the two of them, their chats don't allow for neat little touches that make RPing just a bit more immersive; things like being able to have your character perform actions instead of just describing them (well, technically you're just describing them anyway, but eh.. you know what I mean. Hopefully), and changing nicks around to switch between characters.

There's IRC; we could use a private room in the RPG.net chatrooms. No dicebot, but I'm somewhat mistrustful of those things anyway, so I guess we can go by the honour system and you can all roll your own dice yourselves. There's also the chat program Herr Arnulfe was good enough to provide; from a brief glance it seems pretty good.

Of the two, I'd slightly favour IRC, simply because I've run and played in games with it before, but that's just a minor thing; I'd only require a couple of minutes to get used to the commands and such on the other chat program.

So... which would y'all prefer?

Phantom Grunweasel

Validated User
The game will begin about a week into the journey. The band of travellers are making their way, through the fringes of the Forest of Shadows, from the small town of Einburg to the largeish town of Ostheim. The Forest has a reputation as being infested with bandits, mutants, and beastmen but it's hoped that if the group is large enough and they stick to the fringes, they'll make it through without trouble.

Obviously, you've all come to know at least a couple of NPCs, and even some of the other PCs so far, but you've been travelling so rapidly, for fear of beastmen, that you haven't really met anyone outside the little clique you began with. Play will begin with essentially the first breather on the journey, and give everyone a chance to meet each other and the NPCs.

I've sent everyone emails or PMs detailing the characters you do know.

D. Archon

Error 404
Validated User
IRC is fine by me, i'm not too picky. Whatever the consensus is i will be fine with, since this is my first online RP.

nemo

Atmospherium Junkie
Validated User
I'd be fine with IRC or AIM. The only problem with AIM, IMO, is keeping character names straight. If everyone's more comfortable with IRC, that's just dandy with me, however. I haven't used IRC all that much, but I can adapt.

Phantom Grunweasel

Validated User
Ok, IRC it is, then. We'll meet in the rpg.net chatroom on Monday and adjourn to a separate room for the actual game. I'm looking forward to it. Until then, if anyone has questions or anything, feel free to fire them at me, either here or by email or PM.

Top Bottom