IC [WFRP] Strange Thunder

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
Maggie dismounts, pistol drawn, and examines where the marker once was before scanning the area in general.

OOC: search 53 perception 63: 1d100 3 1d100 46

Rangdo

I used to be Ovid.
Validated User
Otto dismounts to look at the tracks around the smashed tree though with little expectation of finding much because of the snow.
Otto doesn't find many tracks beyond the horses and the faint remaining footfalls of the bandits. But among the remnants of the marker he finds bullets, and bits of wood that had evidently been carved, bits of different furs, as well as bones of various sizes, shapes and ages. Among them, he recognises sheep and rabbit bones, but that's not all.

“What was the boundary mark, Mira?” Albrecht asks.
Mira shivers, but not from the cold: "They're... not easy to look at. They was like big dolls, out of wood and fur and bone. They were just made of stuff, but they looked like they were lookin' at you. Like strange little kids. You knew not to go past 'em. You just knew."

Sevhim holds the reins of Otto's horse as he examines the ground, keeping his own gaze on the surroundings.
A light snow starts to fall. The trees catch much of it for now, but soon even here the tracks will be lost entirely.

Maggie dismounts, pistol drawn, and examines where the marker once was before scanning the area in general.
Maggie can see the tracks of the horses continue past the marker. The ground rises from here, and while it is impossible to see now beneath the canopy, she can tell that the tracks head in the direction of the rise Mira pointed out earlier. While looking around, she thinks she sees, some way away beteween the trees, a slim figure standing watching them. It seems to be naked, apart from a loincloth and a large wooden mask. It is so still that initially she thinks it is another marker, but then it points in the direction of the rise and a moment later it is gone as if it had never been there.

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Otto picks up the fragments "looks like a right mixture of bones in those markers. Maybe we better keep going as the snow will hide the trail otherwise." He pulls one of his pistols out of the holster. "Think we might get company though if they have any kind of idea they will be followed."

Walkie Talkie Noise Decoder

There are monkey boys in the facility
Validated User
" Prime your shooters lads and mount up. We aint alone here. Reckon what we want is on that rise." She doesnt elaborate anymore, but turns to Mira "Time you were heading home love."

praeternaturam

Validated User
“So apart from drawing our pistols, any plans for not getting killed?” asks Albrecht. “Whatever’s gone into the wood might not be too friendly? Anyone want to sneak ahead? I’m not volunteering mind.”

OOC: I’m playing Albrecht as a natural coward!

Starcrash

Validated User
Passing the reins back to Otto, Sevhim clicks his tongue and his horse canters ahead, surefooted despite the uneven ground beneath the trees. He doesn't worry about his pistol, not yet, but keeps his eyes peeled, letting the horse pick the best route while still following the trail.

OOC: Success with 27 against 53.

Mitch

Flying high
Validated User
Doktor Feiertag draws his pistol, shaking his head. “Local superstition, promoted by the bandits to keep their hideout safe”, he proclaims. “Not that it won’t be dangerous, mind you...”

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Otto mounts up again not wanting to the the only one on foot and takes up a place near the front of the group.

Top Bottom