• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

What CCG's Offer a Player's Guide Like MTG?

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
I'm interested in learning and investing in different CCG's, but I noticed that many do not have player's guides like MTG that shows colored pictures of the entire set. Are there any more like this?

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
These days, online guides and list are much more likely, and most of the major CCGs (or LCGs, etc) seem to have them. Certainly, I can rattle off one for Netrunner, Legend of the Five Rings both old and new, and of course Magic's own Gatherer off the top of my head.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
I would imagine that most CCGs expand to quickly to make it practical. Wizards has the resources and the fan base, so its a different matter.

I don't think even most deck builders have guides like that! (exception: Puzzle Strike)

As AliasiSudonomo said, online is probably best.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
It seems Final Fantasy may have one, because a friend talked about finally getting one he'd ordered a while ago, but as others have said, games move to quick for the companies to want to put them out. As much as I liked having the Magic ones on my shelf to look at.

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, I don't think there would be any card-game running nowadays that wouldn't have an online visual spoiler / card database (be it official or fanmade).

Matt-M-McElroy

What Are You Afraid Of?
Validated User
There are players guides for VtES and Rage:

M

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
There are players guides for VtES and Rage:

M
Awesome! Thanks!!😊

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
Granted, those are both kinda deadish games. Easier to do.

With Magic, the Internet is your strategy guide; there's more content on the subject than you could read for players of all levels and types, and while the bundle packs they release with each set do include a visual spoiler guide changing details of wording and rules means any paper guide will become obsolete over time.

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
Granted, those are both kinda deadish games. Easier to do.

With Magic, the Internet is your strategy guide; there's more content on the subject than you could read for players of all levels and types, and while the bundle packs they release with each set do include a visual spoiler guide changing details of wording and rules means any paper guide will become obsolete over time.
Are there any CCGs other than magic that aren't "deadish"?

Top Bottom