• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

What is up with Heavy Gear Blitz?

Dirk Desiato

Gigan!
Validated User
I have not checked in to Heavy Gear Blitz since the last time they changed the rules. Is the game working and stable? Should I just stick with HG Tactical?

inire

Fearing the +5 shoe
Validated User
I think the dev log speaks for itself.
Blitz, Blitz L&L, Blitz LRB....indeed these were over a long period of time and games do change but IMO Blitz 1 was broken, L&L was an entire box of bandaids and the LRB is unrecognizable as a DP9 product. It languishes in some twilight zone of never-right-enough-for-someone and lacks any development-inertia, at least as is visible from outside whatever inner sanctum DP9 has.

TAC still feels right to me and I still love to play it. Maybe DP9 will bless us with The Retro Edition Reboot of TAC but I've sort of lost the urge to hope.

Dirk Desiato

Gigan!
Validated User
I just checked the blog and... sigh. The same “Still not done and we will be tweaking the rules ad nauseam” thing that has been going on for years! Glad I just found my home brewed rules.

Albertorius

Validated User
I let the game go a long time ago, and just continued using TAC and the RPG whenever I felt the need. I don't think I'm losing much.

Top Bottom