What Let's Read would you like to see next?

What Let's Read would you like to see next?

• Monstrous Compendium Annual Vol. III

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Monstrous Compendium Appendix

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Al-Qadim Appendix

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Dark Sun Appendix

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Fiend Folio Appendix

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Forgotten Realms Appendix

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Greyhawk Appendix

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Kara-Tur Appendix

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Mystara Appendix

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Ravenloft Appendix

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Another book I'll mention below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
I recently finished my last Let's Read of the Monstrous Compendium Annual Vol. II and am now looking for a new book to do. The next Annual would be the obvious choice (and I will do it eventually), but there are so many more 2e monster. So this time, you decide what's next.

Monstrous Compendium Annual Vol. III
The third one in the series. Sees a bit more interesting that Vol. II at first glance.

Monstrous Compendium Appendix
The very fist one. Contains almost exclusively classic monsters.

Al-Qadim Appendix
Lots of desert-type monsters. 1001 Nights flavour.

Dark Sun Appendix
More desert monsters. And psychic people!

Fiend Folio Appendix
The Fiend Folio, this time as a collection of loose sheets. Not as fiendish as it sounds, but with good artwork.

Forgotten Realms Appendix
The third MCA and the first FR one. Mostly high fantasy.

Greyhawk Appendix
Another high fantasy one.

Kara-tur Appendix
Asian monsters. Nut sure how mythologically accurate this one is.

Mystara Appendix
Very colourful. Lots of animal hybrid monsters. Slightly fairytale-like touch.

Ravenloft Appendix
The Gothic MCA. Scary monsters. Grim artwork. Everything wants you dead - just like everywhere else in D&D land.

Both Dragonlance, Planescape, and Outer Planes are out. I never found extraplanar monsters all that interesting and have little relation to the setting. I might do them anyway, but not right now. The Dragonlance one will be done right away once steel coins and kender have been removed from the Dragonlance canon retroactively.

You can take more than one option. :)

Last edited:

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
So far it's the next Annual vs. Ravenloft. I think I'll keep the poll open at least till Monday.

Crowqueen

Corvus Sapiens
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I haven't been following the LR threads (I'm working my way through Unreason's Dragon LR, and also doing a personal LR of the history of Trouble Tickets, because I'm intrigued by the finer points of the forum history and its moderation policy), but I would totally read an Al-Qadim one, as I'm curious to know people's opinion on that setting. (We intend to run it some day and between us, thanks to careful scouring of the local wargaming trade fair, have most of the books and supplements.)

I voted for the next Appendix, though, because if you're going to do something systematically, then you should really do it properly and not jump about.

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
I voted for the next Appendix, though, because if you're going to do something systematically, then you should really do it properly and not jump about.
Well, I did the first two, so it's not like my order is completely random. ;)

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
Al-Qadim, Dark Sun and Ravenloft leading so far.

Also, no love for the Greyhawk one? Not that I'm a big Greyhawk fan. Just asking.

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
The poll closes today evening when I'm online CET. Make your choice! ;)

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
Herewith I declare the poll closed. Dark Sun and MCA III got an equal number of votes, but as MCA III is the logical next one, I'll do that one first. Not offence to the Dark Sun fans. You will get your Let's Read eventually. ;)

Top Bottom