• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

What sort of D&D 5E supplements are you most likely to read/buy?

Willy Elektrix

Validated User
I'm surprised that I couldn't already find a thread like this. I know a lot of people here are involved in creating homebrew D&D 5E material. I am too. So I'm doing a little market research for all of us. =)

What sort of D&D 5E supplements do you read or buy? Adventures? Player options books? Monster books? Campaign settings? Alternate rules?

Also, are you primarily a player of a DM?

I'm primarily a DM. I like to write my own adventures and campaigns, but I have a few collections of Book of Lairs-style encounters that I find useful. Mini-adventures are also pretty handy for dropping in the middle of another adventure if things get boring.

As always, thanks for your replies!

zanshin

Validated User
It turns out that I really like the pick and mix stuff that they have been making recently - both Mordenkainens Tome & Xanthars guide have lots of stuff I find useful and interesting.

I mainly DM , but I like to be involved in the character evolution process so I enjoy new character options - races, archetypes etc.

I have a ridiculous number of adventures downloaded etc to choose from , but I am a sucker for horror/mystery adventures so a good one of those might get picked up.

I would probably pick up any additional monster manuals and phbs they come out with. If I buy in to a system I tend to be a bit of a completist.

LatinaBunny

Cyberprep Warrior
Validated User
I want to play, but I’ve also been wanting to DM, so all of the core books and the DMing ones. I also buy adventures and a few homebrewed class and some homebrewed mechanical stuff. :)

Last edited:

JasonKW

Validated User
I DM, and would say non-legacy setting books. The Guild Guide is right up my alley.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Alternate, non-Vancian* magic systems.

EDIT: * By which I mean the resource used isn't "one spell slot = one spell cast".

Last edited:

junglefowl26

Validated User
I have a major weakness for monster books. Pretty much any one is a guaranteed purchase for me.

Ashigaru

Registered Yojimbo
Validated User
Updates of classic settings. While I enjoy playing 5e, a Dark Sun update (preferably not just an adventure path) will actually get me to RUN it for the first time since the TSR days.

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
I'll buy setting books if I'm interested in the setting, and monster books and stuff with new options for players. I've only picked up one adventure path, and that was Curse of Strahd, because I wanted to show my support for the possibility of them doing an actual Ravenloft setting book someday.

Top Bottom