• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

What the heck, Steam?

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
So for some reason, no matter what I do, the Steam discovery queue thing is only showing me Choice of Games and their Hosted Games products. Just those two publisher/developers, that's it.

I've officially told Steam to ignore all games from Choice of Games as a publisher. Still shows me those games. I can't tell it to stop showing me Hosted Games stuff since they don't have an official Steam publisher's page. However, I have supposedly used the queue's settings to tell it not to show me anything with some of the specific tags all these games have, which appears to have done nothing.

I know it's a silly little thing to be annoyed about, but I've used the queue to find some games I never would have thought about and ended up enjoying, so I like perusing it every so often. I've checked it a few times today - slow day at work - and all but one game in four (!) straight queues has been either a Choice of or a Hosted game.

And I know it's petty as heck, but I'm not actually feeling very negative about both of these publishers even though this isn't their fault. But I definitely have a "fuck you guys" feel right now about them.

I don't know how to fix this or stop it or even where to bring it up to Steam support or even if I should bother. Like, why is this bothering me? Ugh.

But it is. It's fucking annoying.

What the heck, Steam? This is whack.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
I wonder, did you recently buy or started playing any of Choice games? Sometimes, Steam seems really fixated on whatever you did recently. When I bought Killing Floor 2, it took three queues before it's shown me a game without zombies, for example. Though I've never heard of it getting stuck on a publisher or a developer...

empulsive

40-something POC Nerd (he/him)
Validated User
Not in a very long time.

And on the fifth queue in a row, I got a second non-Choice of or Hosted game.

This is so dumb. And I'm a moron for getting so annoyed by this.

(But that's not stopping me. So fucking annoying.)

Kredoc

Validated User
The Steam queue filters are completely shit. and have been... forever. I blocked VR as a tag when queue filtering was introduced and it's never worked.

SpaceNinja

Validated User
Yeah, the Steam filters can be a bit annoying. I've seen games I've tagged I was not interested in pop-up next day as if I had done nothing. Not to mention when I try to browse by game category, I only get a handful of results, even though there should be much more.

Wailing_Oboli

Validated User
Yeah, the Steam filters can be a bit annoying. I've seen games I've tagged I was not interested in pop-up next day as if I had done nothing. Not to mention when I try to browse by game category, I only get a handful of results, even though there should be much more.
There's a way around the latter problem, though it's not exactly intuitive.
1. Go to the Category page.
2. Scroll down to where you can change tabs between New & Trending, Top Selling, What's Popular, and Upcoming, and select What's Popular.
3. Scroll even further down, to the button for Browse All Time Most Popular. Selecting that SHOULD get you the most complete list of titles with a particular tag.
4. Die inside as you try to dig through the thousands of shovelware titles infesting Steam.

Top Bottom