Whatever Happened to Steven Universe?

hippokrene

Validated User
Did they ever finish the show?

To this day, I feel the need to constantly avoid any discussion or article about it because it leaned so heavily on dramatic reveals that spoilers were inevitable. Also, the release schedule was annoying.

I see that it finished its fifth season. Is it safe to sit down and watch now?

Slickpuppy

Another Gentleman Loser
Validated User
they still have the movie and two more seasons

the season five finale was originally intended to be a series finale and written as such
Yeah, even if they don't start up another major story arc, there's still a lot of loose ends that could be tied up. Not to mention a lot of character stuff to work through.

In any case, I really envy you seeing it for the first time, Hipp. You have an amazing journey ahead of you... :cool:

Indivisible

Validated User
It got gayer.

With the 5th season finished, it's at a strong stopping point, so the wait for the movie doesn't hurt. I think the movie is coming in the Fall?

Yeoman

Validated User
I will say this if you're watching it through the first time... the first fifteen twenty episodes are ROUGH. Like, season 1 of Babylon 5 rough. There's a lot of character building in there, and it's all going somewhere, but it's no where near the quality they'd hit by the end of the show's first two parter.

Sjogre

Validated User
It's been said that the show doesn't really begin until the first two-parter. That is a statement that needs qualification, but that's the point where the viewer first gets shown that there's more going on then just a goofy kid living with his technicolor aunts.

Consider that the point where it leaves the parking lot and starts driving in earnest.

Solarn

Validated User
they still have the movie and two more seasons

the season five finale was originally intended to be a series finale and written as such
Just to be clear: this isn't a case of a show being forced to shamble on beyond its natural ending like a zombie. The Crewniverse were originally uncertain whether they'd be given more than five seasons, so they wrote the end of season five to work as a finale, but they do have and have always had plans going beyond it.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I will say this if you're watching it through the first time... the first fifteen twenty episodes are ROUGH. Like, season 1 of Babylon 5 rough. There's a lot of character building in there, and it's all going somewhere, but it's no where near the quality they'd hit by the end of the show's first two parter.
I still find those seasons very enjoyable in their own right as something with a more laid back, whimsical air, and feel reminded of what connected to me in the first place.

I do love what the show evolved into, but I must admit, I'll always miss what it was prior to Ocean Gem.

Somebody once expressed contempt for the upcoming Thundercats show be asking how people would feel about a comedically inclined slice of life spin-off to this, and I was being perfectly honest when I said I would watch the shit out of a show like that.

Top Bottom