• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

What's the status of RuneQuest Glorantha?

AOwen

Validated User
Like the title says, I'm curious where Chaosium is on the newest edition of RuneQuest. They announced on their blog that the Core, Bestiary and GM Screen will be ready physically by Christmas, with the PDFs ready before then.

The blog post making this announcement was sometime ago, and I know they had preview versions of the Core at Gencon this year. But when will these products be available? I haven't seen much on the Chaosium forum.

simon_hibbs

Validated User
I think By Christmas is still the last timeline given publicly and the word ‘soon’ has been dropped occasionally in the last month or so by those in the know, so we can hope.

Simon Hibbs

Uz2Go

Validated User
I think By Christmas is still the last timeline given publicly and the word ‘soon’ has been dropped occasionally in the last month or so by those in the know, so we can hope.

Simon Hibbs
Unless it was an euphuism then it looks like RQ: Glorantha will be out "next year" if the word from a recent convention is true.

Not much time left this year, with Thanksgiving and the Christmas break taking a chunk of this year's last 6 weeks.

Nigel Clarke

Validated User
Seeing RQG development is being done mostly in Europe Thanksgiving probably isn't even on the horizon although Jeff might take the day off, I do know Jason is back in the US for a week or so. Personally I don't expect RQG to see the light of day before 2018, possibly February. I'll ask Jeff at Dragonmeet on the 2nd December when I see him.

Last edited:

g33k

Banned
Validated User
The PDF will be out before the physical books... anyone know if THAT might be /realistically/ hoped-for in 2017?

Doctor Futurity

Camazotz the Death Bat
Validated User
I'm expecting we'll see it maybe Xmas 2018, unless they really are further along than I thought.

My rule of thumb with Chaosium is "find announced date, add 2.5 years to that."

Which is frustrating because the quick start rules released this year have me excited to see it (if only for the rules, not a Gloranthaphile)!

g33k

Banned
Validated User
My rule of thumb with Chaosium is "find announced date, add 2.5 years to that."

Which is frustrating because the quick start rules released this year have me excited to see it (if only for the rules, not a Gloranthaphile)!
Having backed the RQClassic KS, I have to admit that they can be pretty "optimistic" (aka "unrealistic") about ETA's. OTOH, "add 2.5 years" is unrealistically /pessimistic/. :D

They seem to keep forgetting that they are a small company with few resources, and Stuff Happens (tm), sometimes even Shitty Stuff, and that fixing such problems comes straight out of productivity and goes straight into slipped schedules. At least, that is the Impression I get from following the RQC and RQG projects as an eager fan...

- - - - -

But (given your specific wants) DO realize that they're really putting a LOT more Glorantha in the new set of rules, so be prepared for THAT, too...

Jason D

was just here
Validated User
The RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha core book is text complete. The art is done, and some final maps are in the pipeline. The character sheet is done (and quite lovely). A cover is done. We're doing some refinement of the layout template and some of the look-and-feel of the book and the line overall.

The RuneQuest Gamemaster's Pack is being finalized, and comes after the core book as many tables/charts/maps will be repeated there (for convenience). It is in editing and will shortly go into proofreading. Some additional art and maps are being requested, and the back of the screen is in development.

The Glorantha Bestiary is being edited/proofed, and art is coming in at a rapid pace, as well as maps. It should go into proofreading before too long.

Layout on the core book will commence once the layout on The Glorantha Sourcebook (done as part of the 13th Age Glorantha Kickstarter, but systemless and using the trade dress for the RuneQuest line) is complete.

The Gamemaster Pack will follow, then the Bestiary.

Given the timetables involved and production pipeline, we're optimistic about having all three in print Q2 2018 (along with a few other things we've teased or announced), and expect Gen Con 2018 to be a huge RQ showing. I don't have any more specific dates because so many factors are beyond my ability to control.

Laminator_X

Validated User
I received a preview copy at this past Gen Con. Even just as text it's pretty solid. Despite my tastes leaning more towards HeroQuest these days, I gad great fun playing the RQ demo, and am looking forward to the full release.

Top Bottom