What's Your "Curt Schilling Blowing His Fortune"-style RPG or Setting?

Grymbok

Licensed to Ill
Validated User
For me it's Skyrealms of Jorune. I'd want to commission a whole bunch of new art in the same "old master influenced" style of vintage Teves. I'd also focus on getting a default style of play and easy route in to the setting for new players baked in to the core product.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For me it's Skyrealms of Jorune. I'd want to commission a whole bunch of new art in the same "old master influenced" style of vintage Teves. I'd also focus on getting a default style of play and easy route in to the setting for new players baked in to the core product.
Would you try to maintain the unique flavor of those wacky combat rules while giving them a thin veneer of modernity? Or would you revamp them completely?

Grymbok

Licensed to Ill
Validated User
Would you try to maintain the unique flavor of those wacky combat rules while giving them a thin veneer of modernity? Or would you revamp them completely?
Which edition's wacky combat rules are you thinking of? I'm most familiar with 3rd Edition, which has this weird system which seems to assume all combats are duels between exactly two combatants.

The system would be a complete revamp, driven by two main objectives - 1) it should emphasise and push to the foreground the unique features of the setting, and 2) it should cater to my personal taste in RPGs, given I'm blowing my own money on a passion project here.

On 1), this broadly means having a strong dysha system which mechanically reflects the in-setting logic of isho weaving as much as possible, and also including such things as isho geography and weather in to the game.

On 2), my favourite RPG rule sets are TSR MSH, TORG & AD&D 2nd, to give you an idea of what you're in for. I also have a petty obsession about initiative systems which would need to be reflected.

thenorm42

Validated User
OK, gotcha. Thought you maybe didn't hear about the update. :)
The more unreasonable and over-the-top the better! :) Hand illuminated cards, real gold leaf ... I can dream. Would you have a link for the updated version? I couldn't see it when I searched yesterday (I was probably being dense).

CoreyHaim8myDog

Validated User
The more unreasonable and over-the-top the better! :) Hand illuminated cards, real gold leaf ... I can dream. Would you have a link for the updated version? I couldn't see it when I searched yesterday (I was probably being dense).
No I just heard about it from Jonathan Tweet. There is a FB group.

Top Bottom