• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Where are the Ley Lines in the Americas? [Savage Rifts]

magafish

Validated User
I am just starting running a game using Savage Rifts (from the kickstarter). I want to make the game's plot heavily centered around Ley Line Nexus', which ought to occur at major holy/mystical sites. My thinking is there are all kinds of Ley Lines, big and small, stable and moving, above ground and underground, periodic and permanent... and so forth. There will be certain places where a Permanent Major Nexus will be... a place where a Rift is almost always open at any time, such as Uluru (Ayer's Rock) in Australia. The thing is, there are so many interesting places to put a Major Nexus. I am thinking less than a dozen in the Americas. Maybe seven.

So, I turn to you, rpg.net, asking where the most mystically significant places are? Here is what I am thinking.

Devils Tower, Wyoming
Mayan Temple, Mexico/Central America (I have not got a lot of background on Central America, where would you put a magically significant site)
Atlantis, Bermuda Triangle
Marriage of The Waters, Amazon, Brazil

Short Version: What are some interesting and magically significant sites in the Americas?

Mallus

Validated User
The Ley Lines of the United States flow under the major insterstate highways, obviously.

Cardiac

Validated User
Just off the top of my head: the entire Magic Zone along the Mississippi basin and Ohio Valley is hot (obviously). The Gateway Arch in St. Louis in particular is a major nexus (some say intentionally built to be so). Calgary is another major nexus. From what I recall the ruins of Chicago are rift-heavy. Southern Michigan and Ontario, particularly Detriot and Windsor as well. Mexico features several major nexus points (I think the Vampire Intelligences are sitting on them?), and the entire Yucatan is slightly out of our reality.

RSANFORD

Validated User
I would recommend Tikal, Guatemala. I believe it is the largest Mayan city found and though most of it is still buried, it is a truly unnerving place. You might tie the ley lines and portal to the human sacrifices made there.

rev_raven_walker

Validated User
Mount Shasta, CA
Sedona, Az
Taos, NM
Salem, MA
Cahokia Mounds, Missouri
Crater Lake, Oregon
Bighorn Medicine Wheel, WY
Serpent Mound, Ohio
Mount Denali, AK

arjunstc

Validated User
Roadside attractions.

Why do you think people felt the need to build giant monuments there?

magafish

Validated User
Good stuff. It is tough to pick just a few, to keep them special. I think I will go with Devil's Tower, Crater Lake, and South East Ohio (for game reasons). Then Atlantis, Tikal (thanks for that), and the Marriage of the Waters gives me 6, which should keep my game going for a good while.

Thanks!

The Marxist Marksman

Validated User
Gravity Falls, Oregon
Twin Peaks, Washington
Derry, Maine
The Overlook Hotel, in the mountains of Colorado
Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick, Canada

Top Bottom