[Where I Watch] My Little Pony 6: Confound these Ponies, they Drive me to Write!

sun_tzu

Validated User
In our present position, proud, preternaturally pretty yet pretty pained and psychopathological protagonists of pastel appearance preach to the people the potential power of personal presence, despite pain, pwnage, and powerful opponents.
You may call them ponies.

Thread one
Thread two
Thread three
Thread four
Thread five
The index, for those who just want to find specific parts without having to search through thousands of posts.
The corrected, redacted, and (in some cases vastly) improved reviews on DA (still a work in progress at this time).

Last thread of season 2. Review of the finale still in the works.

Let's not forget that Holmes was a bafflingly ignorant motherfucker who didn't know about heliocentrism because "it wasn't relevant to his interests". That's not someone I can trust to know what is and isn't possible.
Eh...Unless I misremember, that bit of characterization only appeared in the very first Holmes story, and was completely dropped afterwards.

That and the fact he did cocaine.
Doylist moment here: When Doyle wrote that, it wasn't common knowledge yet how bad cocaine was.

Decides plots unto themselves. But The final reveal at the end of part 1 hammered home that "Cadence" wasn't the innocent victim that she had made everyone believe she was. And Cadence's behavior wasn't implying to me she was trying to telegraph a message to Twilight.

My personal plot twist would have been that Cadence was a homunculus of some sort, and had used her magic to create a false past for herself.
When I saw the Mane Six's weirded-out faces when they crossed Canterlot's force-field, I immediately started wondering if it was some kind of mind-control field rewriting their memories to make them accept Cadence.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pinkie: "Whee! That tickles!"
Fluttershy: "Uh... that feels weird."
Dash: "Hey! Don't poke me there!"
AJ: "Now what in tarnation was that?"
Rarity: "Ah! How rude!"
Twilight: "That's weird, why has someone set up a pony-permittive, extended and empowered Sphere of Shielding here?"

ResplendentScorpion

neither glitter, nor substance
Validated User
I wonder how Sun_tzu is going to portray Chrysalis...

Her kind can shapeshift like skrulls or, a more mythological standpoint, the fair-folk/fae. Her scheme is like that of the sea witch Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Her draining power is that of a succubus.

I can only guess as he portrayed Discord as a... what's that called... an Ebon Dragon?
sun_tzu accidentaly wrote himself into a hole there, considering Cadence is also the Ebon Dragon.:D

No-Brand Hero

Heroicus Genericus
Validated User
I can't help but feel her lack of a cutie mark was an oversight by the animators. When Twilight starts having flashbacks about Cadence, the first one has her when she's moved into the castle, but she doesn't have a cutie mark in that scene.
That seems to imply that Twilight's parents live in Canterlot, but then why would Twilight live at the castle (or maybe with Shining Armor).
Who says she ever lived in the castle? I'm pretty sure that's just fanon. She lived in Canterlot, which as mentioned pretty much all looks like a castle. I don't think the show ever says she lived with the princess, just that she was her apprentice.

And yes, the implication of those scenes is that Twilight wasn't a total shut-in until she caught the Princess' eye.

Reashi

Never Give Up
Who says she ever lived in the castle? I'm pretty sure that's just fanon. She lived in Canterlot, which as mentioned pretty much all looks like a castle. I don't think the show ever says she lived with the princess, just that she was her apprentice.

And yes, the implication of those scenes is that Twilight wasn't a total shut-in until she caught the Princess' eye.
Perhaps she needed a ponysitter on occasions her parents had business meetings in Canterlot, or when they visited Shining Armor? Doesn't necessarily have to live in Canterlot. I would think Celestia would make Cadance ponysit to teach her humility early. :)

Top Bottom