• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Where I Watch] My Little Pony 9: Trampling the Status Quo

Shimauma

Awaits the Ponylarity
Validated User
*watches The Last Crusade*
Hmmmm. I have mixed feelings on this one.
I agree with you on that, I couldn't decide whether it was a pretty decent outcome or a loss of nerve by the writers. I suppose the most infuriating bit was that Scootaloo's parents never ask what she wants in the process, which fact could have made for a better focus to the story than the faked cryptozoology antics.

The aunts were good, though.

And sorry, but I still hate Mudbriar.
If Maud's okay with leaving him a statue, I'm certainly not going to object, lol.

euphgeek

Validated User
Mud Briar is my spirit animal. I have been known to use the word "technically," I'm quiet and keep to myself mostly and people have hated me for reasons I'm not entirely sure of (possibly due to having the inability to read nonverbal cues unless I really concentrate). But the biggest reason would be that my in-laws have criticized me behind my back for things that my wife does that they don't criticize her for, just like Pinkie did to MB.

sun_tzu

Validated User
*watches Between Dark and Dawn*
*sighs*
I love Celestia and Luna, I really do... but I've come to dread episodes they appear in. The writers seem to have zero interest in granting them any of the mature dignity and wisdom of earlier seasons.
(OK, Luna Eclipsed wasn't super big on quiet wisdom, but...)

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
Man, I LOVED this last ep. I love most of this season, actually. At least the eps not about the Student Six.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
*watches Between Dark and Dawn*
*sighs*
I love Celestia and Luna, I really do... but I've come to dread episodes they appear in. The writers seem to have zero interest in granting them any of the mature dignity and wisdom of earlier seasons.
(OK, Luna Eclipsed wasn't super big on quiet wisdom, but...)
I really think their scenes would've gone over better with me if they took place earlier in the series. I... liked them, but they just felt off.

Also, Twilight? Look up this little word called 'de-le-ga-tion' in one of your books. You seem to have forgotten it since season one's 'Winter Wrap-Up'!

sun_tzu

Validated User
*watches the triumphant return of Cheese Sandwich*
Well, that did not disappoint. Excellent Pinkie Pie episode.

sun_tzu

Validated User
*watches cheerleading episode*
I'm amused that, this late in the show, they managed to actually make Snips and Snails slightly interesting.
Also, Twilight has definitely been learning from Celestia. XD

*watches trivia episode*
Meh. Another case of "could have been a decent if unremarkable episode in the early seasons, but this late in the game I expect better from Twilight".

sun_tzu

Validated User
I don't currently live in the US, so I catch episodes when they get uploaded to various sites. ^^'

And yeah, Last Laugh was awesome. :3

Top Bottom