• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Where I Watch] My Little Pony 9: Trampling the Status Quo

sun_tzu

Validated User
I’m not sure why Transformers become fun sized in Equestrian, and as of now I officially do not care.
While transformation is right there in the name...
...it's worth remembering that we've already seen Luna can shapeshift. So, which of Celestia and Optimus actually changed size here? ;)

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
You mean Jedi, right? Light side Sith is a... a contradiction.
Depends. Jedi philosophy is collective over individual and serenity over passion. Sith philosophy *in theory* is about personal connection and freedom. In practice they instead just use a dark side negative emotion feedback loop to both gain power and go nuts. But applying more Sith principles with the light side gives you someone more like Quigon or living force philosophies.

Or it’s just a joke about the lightning :p

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
Depends. Jedi philosophy is collective over individual and serenity over passion. Sith philosophy *in theory* is about personal connection and freedom. In practice they instead just use a dark side negative emotion feedback loop to both gain power and go nuts. But applying more Sith principles with the light side gives you someone more like Quigon or living force philosophies.

Or it’s just a joke about the lightning :p
Oh, probably. I think maybe there's been a half-dozen non-evil Sith... ever, counting both the old EU and Disney. They're evil for the sheer hell of it, after a bit.

Maybe I should watch the video when I get home from work. ;)

sun_tzu

Validated User
You mean Jedi, right? Light side Sith is a... a contradiction.
Not necessarily. In theory, the Sith code is about embracing your passions, using them to gain strength, and using that strength to live free. That's not an automatic rejection of friendship and justice, but it's very easy for such a philosophy to go all Ayn Rand and decide that embracing your passions and absolute freedom means refusing to accept any moral limitations on what you want or accounting for other people's freedom.
I tend to picture my lightside Sith Warrior in Star Wars: The Old Republic as being extremely frustrated about this. "I believe in the Sith code. I believe in embracing individuality and freedom. Why does it feel like I'm the only one in the galaxy who doesn't treat the code like a justification for being a raging asshole?"

If I were to make a more serious analysis, I'd say Sunset and the other MLP good guys seem to take elements from the Jedi and Sith codes both. The altruism of the Jedi, the individualism of the Sith... and striking some kind of complicated middle ground between the Jedi peace and Sith passion. These guys clearly embrace harmony between people as an ideal, while also encouraging being passionate about the things and people you love.

Top Bottom