[Where I Watch] My Little Pony 9: Trampling the Status Quo

cptrichardson

Validated User
It... had issues. But I liked it more than "Daring Don't", for what it's worth.
Daring Don't, for whatever flaws it might have, was at least well written.

This one is an episode that would make me quit as a writer and break my hands just so I could never touch pen and paper, or a keyboard if I had the AUDACITY to dare put it on the desk of an editor. This episode was a bad one for any OTHER kid's show, and is in the negative scoring for FiM compared to the normal quality of this show.

Summer Solstice

Fire and sunlight
Validated User
I considered this episode as pretty bad when I saw it. But then I read some of the threads and realized it is REALLY bad.

EvilAuthor

Validated User
I think this episode is bad and I tend to like episodes most of the fandom tends to pan (Feeling Pinkie Keen for example).

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I'll go ahead and break up the negativity by saying I quite liked it. Lots of fun cameos, and I didn't see the resolution coming.

Summer Solstice

Fire and sunlight
Validated User
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I'll go ahead and break up the negativity by saying I quite liked it. Lots of fun cameos, and I didn't see the resolution coming.
I mean I love the cameos. Roid Rage has a real name? And he talks?! Sweet! Derpy? Also awesome! Possibly maybe identities of cheerleader ponies? Also cool. Except everything else was so utterly horrible...

Bremen

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I mean I love the cameos. Roid Rage has a real name? And he talks?! Sweet! Derpy? Also awesome! Possibly maybe identities of cheerleader ponies? Also cool. Except everything else was so utterly horrible...
Nothing in the episode really bothered me. Which is fine, really, and opinions can be like that. I just find it fascinating that everyone's opinions are so polarized.

Sereg

Validated User
I liked this episode as well. Sure, I would have preffered Spitfire and Fleetfoot to be less nasty, but they really weren't that bad.

As for why Ponyville has such a bad team, that was explained. They're saving most of their better fliers for the other events, whch is a good strategy! Cloudsdale is shooting itself in the hoof by blowing all its best fliers in a single event. So, they end up with a practically guaranteed gold there, but really hurt their chances everywhere else.

Ithaeur

Relic Unicorn
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As for why Ponyville has such a bad team, that was explained. They're saving most of their better fliers for the other events, whch is a good strategy! Cloudsdale is shooting itself in the hoof by blowing all its best fliers in a single event. So, they end up with a practically guaranteed gold there, but really hurt their chances everywhere else.
They probably have good fliers to spare for the other events, too.

EvilAuthor

Validated User
I normally have no trouble accepting stuff that deviates from head canon, or stuff that contradicts other stuff the show previously established. Mostly because I can change my head canon to fit new canon info and I can usually explain away in-show contradictions.

But for some reason, it just bugs me that Bulk Biceps can barely fly in this episode when he had no trouble in previous ones. I can't think of a reasonable reason why he'd have so much trouble now, and I haven't seen anyone posit one that I would find plausible. And of course we had a Scootaloo episode not to long ago where I held up Bulk as the example for why wing size wasn't Scoot's problem with flying.

Top Bottom