[Where I Watch] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Constructicons, Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is the fifth thread in my on-going exploration of a show for little girls about magical talking ponies. Of which Rainbow Dash is the best.

(Won't have the next recap up for a few days or so, but you guys do that 'post cool stuff' thing you do so well.)

Dawgstar

RPGnet Member
Validated User
If you insist...
Now I want to write an epic fanfiction of the taming of Equestria, which involved a delinquent Celestia using her powers only for personal gain as a gunfighter until she realized selfless was more powerful than selfish and truly came into her powers.

That's a good picture.

Dallbun

Validated User
Now I want to write an epic fanfiction of the taming of Equestria, which involved a delinquent Celestia using her powers only for personal gain as a gunfighter until she realized selfless was more powerful than selfish and truly came into her powers.
If you did write that, I think you'd find a large and receptive audience. Just sayin'... ;)

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Words of Truth.

Yes, but isn't it great, Rainbow Dash?

Then again...

Lady Rarity, Steampunk style!

D'awww....

The word "epic" was created just so we'd have a way to describe this picture.

Awk-waaaard....

What is this i don't even

HNNNNGH

ANT Pogo

Yuki Approved
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I would read the hell out of that fanfic.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Is funny, Rainbow Flash seems so obvious, but nobody's ever done it before.

Bira

Validated User
I think it's because the show itself has almost done it already - the Wonderbolt and Shadowbolt costumes are practically palette swaps of the Flash costume :).

Speaking of super-heroes, I was thinking about what my own take on Exalted versions of the main cast would be (sorry, I'm not an adopter of the horse puns yet). My starting assumptions are that I want as many Solars as possible, since they're chosen champions of a sun deity, and that I don't want to repeat Castes. This will necessarily leave us with an odd one out, but it might not be who you think.

Dash is the Dawn. She has the most direct, in-your-face personality of them all, and is the one most often shown resorting to violence. She half demolishes a barn with her teeth, and finishes the other half off with a magical nuke! Of course, she also favors Athletics and Dodge, and puts most of her points and Charm picks in the former.

Applejack is the Zenith. Her line in the opening song is something like "a heart that's pure, faithful and strong", which describes both her and a typical Zenith Solar pretty accurately. Lots of Resistance and Integrity here, too, but not a lot of emphasis on the "priestly" aspect.

Twilight is, well, the Twilight. Not much to say that wouldn't be obvious, as she's practically Pony Brigid.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie are the Night and the Serenity Caste Sidereal, though which is which is open to interpretation! They both have a "Sidereal-style" motivation of spreading an abstract concept (beauty or laughter) as widely as possible, and each of them has one-half of the Sidereal shtick nailed down. Pinkie has her weird reality manipulation, Rarity knows kung-fu for no good reason :). Just to be different, I'm going with Pinkie as a Night Caste with lots of points in Awareness, Stealth and some Larceny, and Rarity as the Sidereal.

Fluttershy is... difficult. By a process of elimination, she'd be the Eclipse. However, your typical Eclipse is a skilled diplomat and manipulator who is also a master traveler, and she is none of those things. On the other hand, in the original series she's the total opposite of what a typical pegasus would be, so making her an Eclipse keeps this aspect of her character when porting her over to Exalted. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom