• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

White Wolf to no longer develop books internally, Camarilla Book to be edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
A recent statement on White Wolf's future has been posted by Paradox Interactive.

A short except from that statement is below.

Shams Jorjani said:
Sales and printing of the V5 Camarilla and Anarch books will be temporarily suspended. The section on Chechnya will be removed in both the print and PDF versions of the Camarilla book. We anticipate that this will require about three weeks. This means shipping will be delayed; if you have pre-ordered a copy of Camarilla or Anarchs, further information will follow via e-mail.

In practical terms, White Wolf will no longer function as a separate entity. The White Wolf team will be restructured and integrated directly into Paradox Interactive, and I will be temporarily managing things during this process. We are recruiting new leadership to guide White Wolf both creatively and commercially into the future, a process that has been ongoing since September.

Going forward, White Wolf will focus on brand management. This means White Wolf will develop the guiding principles for its vision of the World of Darkness, and give licensees the tools they need to create new, excellent products in this story world. White Wolf will no longer develop and publish these products internally. This has always been the intended goal for White Wolf as a company, and it is now time to enact it.

I am very hopeful that this turns into Onyx Path once again being the primary developers of the World of Darkness.

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what did this section on Checknya say?
It basically stated that the real world persecution and genocide of homosexuals in Chechnya was actually a vampire plot to distract mortals from their REAL agenda.

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what did this section on Checknya say?
Essentially, that the current ongoing anti-gay genocide there was a smokescreen engineered by the Camarilla to make people afraid of Sharia law rather than getting wise to the existence of Vampires.

Dorchadas

一期一会
Validated User
Wow, that's a lot more than I expected. I hope this ends up with a better product going forward.

LCDR Seamonkey

Urban Monkey Warfare
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Good riddance. NWW leadership were warned about every one of these clusterfucks, and willfully chose to disregard well-meaning advice from people who had the best interest of the IP at heart. Here's hoping that Paradox lets Onyx Path and By Night Studios pick up the torch.

V/R,
Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom