Whitehack 2ed

Lord Crimson

Prophet of Darkness
Validated User
I haven't yet, but $10 (US) for the "notebook" edition sounds like a good enough option that I may order a couple of copies all at once, especially if I can find a good coupon for Lulu.

Bad.Quail

Viking Most Fowl
Validated User
I played a few session of it last year. I really like it's approach to character "groups" as aspects of backstory, things that are typically covered by race, background, and subclass.

I will say that I wish it had more specific rules for spellcasting. As presented, magic seems to have a steep cost for. . . hoping your GM is a good sport about the weird stuff you try to do with it.

wirecrossing

illegal jokes
Validated User
It's pretty perfect in every way. The rules blend into the background and let you get on with a story, but it is also a deadly PC murder simulator sometimes. It works really well.

Daztur

Seoulite
Validated User
I played a few session of it last year. I really like it's approach to character "groups" as aspects of backstory, things that are typically covered by race, background, and subclass.

I will say that I wish it had more specific rules for spellcasting. As presented, magic seems to have a steep cost for. . . hoping your GM is a good sport about the weird stuff you try to do with it.
Yup, lots of love for Whitehack but the spellcasting it mostly a hole where a system should be.

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
Who has played Whitehack 2ed? I just bought it for around £7. It's a 64 page rpg bursting with cool ideas. Not available on pdf but it's competitive enough that's not really an issue.

https://whitehackrpg.wordpress.com/
Yes and no.

I ordered a copy last night. Since it's from Lulu, I'm looking at 2 or 3 weeks before it gets here. A PDF I could read now would be greatly appreciated.

-Thornhammer

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
Yes and no.

I ordered a copy last night. Since it's from Lulu, I'm looking at 2 or 3 weeks before it gets here. A PDF I could read now would be greatly appreciated.

-Thornhammer
From what I recall, it explicitly doesn't have a PDF because that's the author/designer's wish.

Bình

Unregistered user
Validated User
Since it's from Lulu, I'm looking at 2 or 3 weeks before it gets here.
I have to say that really pissed me off. Pay $10 for shipping and get it in 2-5 days or pay $4 fee get it in 2-6 days. Well, I don't mind maybe waiting an extra day to save $6 bucks on shipping a $10 book. Nope! It'll be about 24 days, sucker! Apparently, they're sending it by boat but not taking the shortcut through Panama.

Top Bottom