• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[WIW] Old Black & White Sci-Fi and Horror flicks

Snow Goon

Credible Hulk
RPGnet Member
Validated User
You know, when you say Giant From the Unknown, I certainly don't picture someone who's only six six and whose entire life history is known. I mean, addmittedly, he's probably as tall or taller than Karloff's Frankenstein, even counting the elevator shoes, but I was originally picturing someone a couple stories high.

I do consider Creature From the Black Lagoon a classic, though. The effects are amazing for the time period.
When the Professor drove up and gave us Vargas' whole history, it blew my mind. The big lug hadn't even been on screen yet and already he was completely known.

Creature is one of my favorite old monster flicks, too. Those underwater shots are truly incredible.

The Fiendish Dr. Samsara

The elegant assassin
Validated User
Is this the one where the Prof brings a whole gang of ridiculously sincere 1950's "teen-agers"?

Glad to hear that Creature is coming up. Even my (then) 11-year old son, who scoffed at the idea that an old monster movie could be good, was forced to say as it ended, "Hey, that was...really good.".

bhu

Professional Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yay the creature!

He does a mean wrasslin' slam in one of those movies.

shikomekidomi

Validated User
I have a genuine admiration for the underwater cinematography and the Creature's costume. Also there's a fun music video, that is nevertheless a spoiler:
Spoiler: Show
Oh, are we posting Creature from the Black Lagoon AMVs? This one, also, has spoilers.
Spoiler: Show

Snow Goon

Credible Hulk
RPGnet Member
Validated User
In fairness, it says he's just from the unknown, not that the unknown is where he is now.
An interesting quibble. You may be right. I'm only assuming he was actually born in Spain. He could have been a strange extra-dimensional entity that only LOOKED like a conquistador. ;)

Top Bottom